Umaii Ramenbar

+049-3412222575

Klostergasse 7-9, Leipzig, Germany, 04109

Serves meat, vegan options available. Multiple vegan mains plus vegetarian mains that can be veganized. Staff is happy to make substitutions and additions. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free choices are clearly marked. Reservations accepted. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-12:00am, Sun 11:30am-10:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by aciid_indigo

Not impressed - Edit

Nice atmosphere and friendly staff, but I was hoping for amazing vegan food and didn’t find it. I ordered the Inari Ramen and found it had a fishy taste because it was covered in seaweed flakes (these were not in the description in the menu so I couldn’t ask them to leave them off). It didn’t taste like the Inari Ramen I’ve had at other restaurants - the broth was different and not as flavorful.

My partner ordered the Yasai Yakisoba and it was smothered in sesame seeds. The sauce tasted of miso, which I like, but it got monotonous after a while because it was pretty much just noodles and sesame seeds. They didn’t use veggies that I usually associate with yakisoba and that make the texture interesting.

The mango pudding was delicious.

It seems like this restaurant is trying to be super healthy-trendy, but it ends up changing things too much and the food doesn’t taste as good.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere, Great dessert

Cons: Not flavorful, Too much seaweed

Yumz - Edit

Very nice food and atmosphere but not many vegan options

Return to Leipzig Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Umaii Ramenbar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.