Udipi Cafe

Contact 813-962-7300

14422 N Dale Mabry (at Fletcher Ave), Tampa, Florida, USA, 33618

Vegetarian Indian restaurant featuring South Indian cuisine. Note that many items are served with dairy, so vegans must specify. Confirmed open Sept 2012. Open Tue-Sun for lunch and dinner, closed Mon.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Catering

First Review by jayspenh

Good consistent food - Edit

This is always an easy go to for tasty vegetarian/vegan options and the prices are fair. The atmosphere could use some improvement/updating, but the restaurant is always clean. Their dosas are some of my favorite around!

Pros: Consistent food, Good prices, Location

Cons: A little dated interior

Food ok, service- non existent - Edit

Loving Hut wasn't open until later so we decided to go here. First, it took a long time for anyone to bring us menus even though there were only two other tables taken. Then when we finally ordered the waiter didn't take beverage orders. We called him back to get drinks. Our food came quickly but that was the last time we saw anyone during our meal. They didn't even refill our water! We were finished well before they brought the check and just waited and waited. The food was ok but the waiter couldn't help us in choosing or describing and we pretty much felt ignored while there. I wish we had just waited for Loving Hut to open and we won't go back.

Pros: Variety

Cons: Bad service

Pretty standard Indian food - Edit

This is your pretty average Indian restaurant. The food was great and the service was decent. It's nice that it's all vegetarian, and they're one of the few Indian places in Tampa that serve dosas.

friendly staff but horrible food - Edit

I took a client to Udipi for lunch. I wanted to try the food. I am of Indian descent, and have tried many variations of Indian food. I have to say that the food was totally aweful!The daal was undercooked and watery! I could tell by just looking at it that it was undercooked. I tasted it and it was. The mixed vegetable dish was the same way. Horrible and undercooked. I had a stomache ache from the undercooked beans.Everything on the buffet was terrible.I wonder how they stay in business.The staff was friendly and accommodating. I didn't want to be rude because I liked the people that worked there. I wasted my money.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: the food

Okay - Edit

This is a great restaurant for vegetarians but if you are a vegan or a raw vegan this is not the place. I did enjoy the dishes. Since I am trying to become a raw vegan I would not come back here, other than that, the food was pretty okay!

Pros: Location, For Vegetarians

Cons: Not for raw vegan, Not organic

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Udipi Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3668 times since Aug 2007.