First Review by Konakanchi

HORRIBLE - Edit

We've been here before and always thought it was really good. They must have a different owner or cook because this past weekend we drove all the way down there for the worst Indian food ever. No longer worth the money with very few choices. All the food was tasteless and seemed old and nothing on the buffet was labeled. We will never go back to Udipi.

excellent Indian buffet - Edit

found in a very small strip mall, it is very unasumming but the food was excellent and for 9.99 per person all you can eat buffet, it was a nice surprise. everything was vegan except a yogurt dressing. the owner (or who i assume was the owner) explained how everything worked and i got to try everything and everything was excellent.

Pros: los of vegan options, modest price

Best Indian in South FL! - Edit

I've eaten here many times and it is still my favorite Indian restaurant in South FL. It is entirely vegetarian and the staff knows what's vegan and what's not so be sure to mention that to them! My favorite dish is the Cauliflower 99. They also offer a "Dinner for 1 or 2" which gives you a sampling of almost 10 items. They can veganize this for you as well.

Pros: Delicious/Vegan friendly, Completely vegetarian restaurant, Knowledgeable staff

Cons: Can be pricy, No alcohol, Decor

WONDERFUL! - Edit

Amazing, flavorful food. Top notch! Go for the lunch buffet so you can try everything. Service is consistently poor, but who cares when the food is this good!!

Pros: FABULOUS food!, Fairly prices

Cons: Poor service

Pleasant Indian vegetarian restaurant - Edit

We went to Udipi Cafe for dinner. We had the iddly for appetizer, the Chana Masala and the Corn Capcicum Masala. All the items were delicious. Service was pleasant. We were there close to closing. The other diners appeared to be local residents of Indian origin, always a good sign for an Indian restaurant.

Pros: All Vegetarian, Pleasant service

Best Indian Food! - Edit

I've been to a lot of Indian restaurants and this is my favorite anywhere. The vegan entrees are labeled, and the staff is knowledgable as to what on the rest of the menu is vegan (for example no dosais are labeled as vegan, but all but one which has paneer actually are). Everything is delicious, and the service is great.

Pros: delicious food, many vegan items labeled, good service

UDIPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Edit

I love this restaurant! very vegan friendly, very friendly, very good food! my biggest complaint is that I have a very hard time making menu decisions because there are so many options!

Udipi Cafe-a great choice for Florida - Edit

For a California vegan marooned in southern Florida, the restaurant was a life saver. I have had better dosas, but the dosas were well made, generously-sized, and well- prepared. I enjoyed having so many choices, but found the menu confusing, as some of the curries were labeled "vegan" but other types of entrees (dosas...) were not. Overall the food was tasty and enjoyable, and well priced. However, the service was lackadaisical: empty dishes were not removed, water was not refilled, additional chutney had to be requested, papadams were served without chutney and one server appeared to lack enough English to answer a simple question about yogurt in a chutney (and failed to find another staff person to help). We also had to chase down someone to pay our bill. Finally, a kosher-leaning member of our party expressed concerns about the type off kashrut cert. the restaurant had received. All in all though, I enjoyed it. Perhaps next time we will get food to go, which will alleviate a lot of the service issues.

Pros: large, interesting menu, dosas

Cons: service inattentive

Incredible Kosher Authentic Indian Cuisine - Edit

Delicious. Kosher vegetarian. The buffet is great for sampling the different dishes and is under $10 (all you want to eat). Many different textures. Alot of vegetables and legumes. Authentic cuisine. Clean and neat. Highly enjoyable.

Pros: excellent food, great value, kosher

Worst Indian resturant in the US! - Edit

This is the worst Indian restaurant I've visited in the US. Waiting time after ordering food = 2hrs;
Misleading names for menu items;
Bad customer service;
Worst Indian food....Its not Indian food at all!

Cons: Bad costumer service, bad food, misleading names on menu

4 Responses

Return to Sunrise Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Udipi Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3343 times since Aug 2007.