Udipi Cafe

Contact 732-422-8301

3029 State Route 27 (at /near intersection of CR-648), Franklin Park, New Jersey, USA, 08823

Small and intimate Indian restaurant offering South Indian cuisine. Around $6-9 per dish. Food is midly spiced, not greasy, not made with butter. Classic Indian music and bhajans played in the background. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:30pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian

First Review by Andre29

Good South Indian Food - Edit

We went on a Tuesday night, so it was not super busy. The staff was really friendly and humble. The space is a little small, seating is kinda tight. The menu is quite extensive and I couldn't make up my mind. We stuck with the basics this time with Samosa chat, thali and Mysore Marsala dosa. Everything here is reasonably price and we will definitely be back :)

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Reasonably priced

Cons: Seating

Great Indian Food - Edit

Udidpi Cafe in Franklin Park is not as popular as other veg indian restaurants in the area, but it should be. This restaurant is great. It's one of the only 100% vegetarian restaurants in the Middlesex County area. The prices are very reasonable. The only negative thing you can say about this place is that the ambiance is nothing special.

There are numerous places that make great dosa and I've tried many of them. I can honestly say Udidpi dosas are the best I ever had. I've tried several of their appetizers, including the vegetable cutlet, vegetable dosa, and the vegetable bhajaias(deep fried vegetable fritters)and have always been impressed. The vegetable korma is outstanding. I also liked the special vegetable curry and the kadai bhindi curry , which is okra and other other veggies spiced right. I don't think I ever ate okra before I tried that dish. Now it's one of my favorite foods. The indian breads are very good.

They are vegan friendly. Not everything is vegan, so you have to check to make sure. Some dishes can be altered for a vegan. Sometimes a language barrier can be an issue, but never a major problem. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: quality food, friendly staff, price

Cons: ambiance

Return to Franklin Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Udipi Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1119 times since Jun 2010.