UCHU Sushi

503-281-8248

3940 N Mississippi Ave, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97227

Serves meat, vegan options available. Eccentric Japanese-American sushi restaurant. Has a separate vegan sushi menu, as well as vegan jalapeño poppers, yakisoba, curries, various tofu dishes, seaweed salad, spring rolls. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Japanese, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Taellis

Really Good! - Edit

I tried this place for the first time and I was really impressed. Their vegan sushi is really good and actually affordable. Uchu gets more creative then the usual avocado roll vegan option at a sushi place. I ordered the green dragon roll and the nasuyaki roll. They bother were good but the green dragon was my favorite, it had a great texture from the fried asparagus. I definitely will go back again.

Pros: great vegan options, price, vegan tempura

Fantastic! - Edit

We've been here many times, always love it! They have vegan cream cheese and vegan mayo, everything can be veganized and customized. Monday, Tuesday and I believe Wednesday are all day happy hour days with enough on the happy hour to completely stuff 2 vegans full! Vegan jalapeño poppers if you ask, plus a sushi roll based on poppers! Also, try the sesame balls for dessert! Can't go wrong here, there's plenty to eat on the menu without customizing, just wanted to spread the news about my favorites. Only downsides are the limited street parking and the weird choices of music they play.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Customizable and veganizable menu items

Cons: Street parking, Weird music, Cold inside in the winter

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has UCHU Sushi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.