Uay Balam

• Other Other

Torrent de l'Olla 137, Barcelona, Spain

Ice cream place with a sign outside indicating that they sell vegan options. Some vegan baked goods (e.g. crumble), some ice lollies and five vegan flavors of gelato. Servers knowledgeable about which options are vegan. Small amount of indoor seating. Open Tue-Thu 12:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-1:00am. Closed Sun-Mon.

First Review by jennyc32

Nice vegan gelato surprize - Edit

Passed by so many times before. But one day they decided to write on their chalkboard "vegan gelato" and that's when I went in. As mentioned before, they have several flavors and they were nice to give you to try before buying. Strawberry, peach and cantaloupe melon were my favorites. The gluten free crumble with blueberries (I think) was delish too. (But, can be a bit heavy on the stomach for somebody used to be on a low fat lifestyle.)

FaustoLuna 07 Aug 2016 - Hey Kyotto! Thanks for yor review. Very glad you liked our vegan products.
It's a shame for us that we didn't get a 5 stars rate from you.
Hope to see you soon so we can have one more chance.

Excellent vegan gelato! - Edit

We were on our way to Vegetart down the street when we saw the word "vegana" on the sign outside this dessert place, and we made a quick detour. They had a vegan crumble cake, two vegan ice lollies and five flavours of vegan gelato. The guy was really knowledgeable about the vegan options, and let us try all flavours before choosing one. They had watermelon, grapefruit, peach, strawberry and chocolate. I had a cup with two scoops of strawberry and chocolate - the cup was towering and was great value for money! The strawberry was really fruity and refreshing, and the chocolate was amazingly rich. My boyfriend got a mango and coconut lolly, and really enjoyed it too. We are definitely fans of this place, check it out if you're getting some takeaway from Vegetart!

Pros: Excellent vegan gelato, Super friendly service

FaustoLuna 07 Aug 2016 - Hey jennyc32! Thank you so much for your review!
Hopefully we can get to meet more people like you so we can bild a big community of healthy and sustainable food lovers.

Really looking forward to see you soon!

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Uay Balam closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.