Tyepyedong

Contact 01392-251888

175 Sidwell Street, Exeter, Exeter, England, EX4 6RH

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese fusion noodle bar also making rice dishes, soups, and Japanese curry. Primarily meat-based but does offer several clearly marked vegetarian dishes, i.e. noodle with tofu and veggies or rice with tofu and veggies. Freshly cooked and fast service, minimalist decor.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by RubySleigh

Great place - Edit

The Hungry Monk and Yasai Yakisoba were so delicious that we ordered these dishes again on our second trip. The Hungry Monk can be ordered with noodles instead of rice - we tried both and both were really good. The yakisoba noodles are vegan :) Even though the tables are all shared and it is an open, small space, it was still easy to converse in our groups.

Pros: Friendly staff, Knowledgeable and careful about vegan dishes

Cons: Open, small space

No other Chinese food compares! - Edit

I've been visiting Tyepyedong for years. I used to go for lunch there at least once a week when I was at college. I've never had better Chinese food anywhere; it's so good, always freshly cooked and seriously quick!

Having only become a vegan a few months I had never really realised how vegan friendly they are, and have recently noticed that they mark all of their vegan items as well as vegetarian ones. Turns out I'd been eating vegan food there all along!

Their Yasai Sweet and Sour is amazing, as is their Yasai Yakisoba and their soups are delicious too. Basically, whatever you choose, it will be great, and cheap too!

Pros: Fresh, Quick, Cheap

Cons: Can get very busy, Small restaurant, Desserts not so great

Fast, fresh food - Edit

Used this place a few times for lunch, which it is great for. They do a set price lunch which includes a drink and has a good variety of vegan options. Service is very quick so ideal for lunch. Tasty food and friendly staff.

Pros: good value, clearly labelled vegan options, simple and quick

Cons: basic decor, also serves meat dishes

Return to Exeter Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tyepyedong closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1222 times since Sep 2012.