Two Mammas Vegan Kitchen

Contact 510-606-0596

3700 E 12th St, Oakland, California, USA, 94701

Opened Apr 2014, this is a vegan restaurant that's run by two women. All day breakfast on weekdays and lunch. Located next to the Fruitvale BART station. Has a play area for children and holds events with local artists. Open Wed-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Pizza, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering

First Review by FoodAndLoathing

Enjoyable - Edit

Expensive, casual, and an enjoyable location. Great tasting food with all the simplicity I enjoy. I loved the set up of the restaurant. I instantly felt a sort of humble and relaxing vibe, which I loved very much. The service was quick and friendly. The meal I ordered left me feeling satisfied without feeling sluggish or weighed down. I appreciate that the most. Lovely job ladies.
Updated from previous review on Friday April 08, 2016

Pros: Humble , Tasteful items

Cons: Not many options, Expensive

Worth checking out! - Edit

Two Mammas' Vegan is one of my favorite places to eat in the Bay Area & will definitely be a regular. All vegans & vegetarians will love it yet should bring along their omnivore friends too.

I love the vibe here & is laid back. When I arrived a man with dreadlocks was eating outside with his friendly pit bull across from his girlfriend. Inside there was another little dog sitting below it's owner. Many folks had tattoos & there were a few queer couples to go along with normal looking people.

The food hit the spot! I tried the "Bacon" Benedict-
Organic tofu, soy bacon sautéed on English muffin with avocado topped with homemade hollandaise sauce. It was delicious & filling. I had it w/ a side of potato salad that paired nicely.

They use vegan, seasonal, local, & organic produce so is a great place to support.
They are open 10-3pm Wed-Sun. I'll try to come here once a week to try more of the menu.

Pros: great laid back vibe, local, organic, all vegan, tasty cuisine, friendly service

Cons: Not open for dinner

wow super high quality food - Edit

Come for lunch and get the chicken salad sandwich! Everything here is made fresh and they use a lot of local ingredients too. So delicious sand a real change of pace from the greasy veg restaurants. Bring your own to go container and to go cup because they charge extra for the disposable containers.

FANTASTIC! - Edit

We stopped in about an hour before close on a quiet weekday afternoon. They were sold out of almost everything (makes us happy instead of upset as it shows they have traffic to stay in business).

They were very apologetic, but were sure they could still put together a great late lunch.

Let me tell you, the "chicken salad" sandwich was just... well... FANTASTIC! The flavors were outstanding, as was the potato salad for the side. The two ladies working were extremely nice.

Unlikely we will get to go back as we always travel try new places instead of repeating the same ones, but I can't recommend it higher.

Pros: Great food, Very friendly, Good prices

Hits the spot! - Edit

Super tasty entrees, fast service, and not crowded for Sunday brunch (yet!). We ordered the tofu benedict (on English muffin with faux ham and hollandaise) and the savory crepe (fresh veggies, almond ricotta, basil) with the side salad, which was a delicious kale-strawberry-almond-carrot salad with a balsamic vinaigrette. Also ordered a side potato salad and cinnamon roll. Everything was tasty, and the portions were big! Definitely a great brunch spot.

Delicious and local! - Edit

This place is amazing! Everything I've tried is delicious--the fritatta and any of their baked goods definitely top my list. The proprietors are lovely, friendly people and they source local produce and non-GMO ingredients. Highly recommended!

Love it! Just what Fruitvale needed! - Edit

Great food at Two Mamma's Vegan Kitchen! I wanted to order everything on the menu. I tried both of their grilled cheese sandwiches and they were both terrific. Plus, the side salad is a homemade kale salad, nothing out-of-a-bag at this place. The owners work hard to source their food locally and their homemade balsamic dressing uses a vinegar that is locally made. It's so cool that this place is right next to BART, so convenient. They also have coffee and pastries (and there are usually day-old ones to buy at a discount). The prices are really low and the food really good. I love that they have a little play area for kids, complete with vegan-themed kids' books (as well as vegan-themed books for adults).

Also, yummy homemade sherbet!

This is just a really friendly, inviting, yummy place that I'd love to see thrive!

Pros: local food sourcing, friendly, progressive owners, great food

Cons: too hard to pick off all-vegan menu

Return to Oakland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Two Mammas Vegan Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4476 times since Apr 2014.