Two Buoys Bistro

+356-21222221

106, Triq Spinola, San Giljan, Malta

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant overlooking Spinola Bay. Separate vegetarian menu with around ten dishes of which at least two or more are vegan. For dessert there's soy or rice ice cream and cheesecake. Art studio downstairs.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, European, Non-veg

First Review by TianaNelson

Crab in 'vegan' pasta and served non vegan cheesecake - Edit

This restaurant has a nice outlook and a separate vegan menu. Though, I am concerned some staff have missed the concept of veganism. My husband was served crab in his vegan spaghetti. They made him a new pasta and offered a vegan dessert to make up for it. However he got half way through a cheesecake before the waitress gave a horrified look and ran off.
He had to track her down 10 minutes later (as we realised something was amiss) and she then admitted the cheesecake he had been served wasn't vegan. She had withheld this information from us when she realised, which is what actually upset us greatly.

We gave them a chance to redeem themselves at the end and spoke the the manager to give feedback but were met with rudeness and defensiveness and the waitress actually said 'well at least I didn't charge you extra for soya milk' before she ran off crying. It was literally like a sketch out of Fawlty Towers!

I feel as if I have a duty to report this on here even though they did reduce the bill for the price of the cheesecake in the end. I just feel they have a distinct lack of grasp of veganism. If I had been served the crab I could have gotten very ill. I don't feel as if they took the mistakes seriously enough.

Greaf vegan options! - Edit

I ate here and it was delicious! One of the bests tofu I’ve ever eaten. It had a whole vegan menu. The staff was really nice and the prices very reasonable!

Pros: view (you can see the bay), lots of options

truly lovely! - Edit

spent an excellent evening here! location/view/interieur is very nice and inviting!
a full page of vegetarian choices is provided, most can be veganised. there were 3 options that day (it seems they never do everything that’s on the menu) and we ordered a crispy tofu curry (vegan) and a mushroom risotto (vegetarian). the curry was delicious! slightly too salty, but that’s just me. according to my boyfriend, the risotto was one of the best he ever had.
presentation was also insanely nice!

there’s a huge drink choice, especially beers!

service was excellent, everyone was very nice and professional. they know about veganism and know how to make us happy :)

we paid about 35 euro for drinks and 2 main courses which isn’t the cheapest but it’s worth every penny! great place to treat yourself and also good for date nights!

Pros: vegan choices/options, location, service

Would give it 5 stars if I could - Edit

We had an excellent vegan meal at Two Buoys. They had four fully vegan entree options and four vegan dessert options! We had fried tofu stir fry, butternut risotto, and a pasta - plus vegan cheescake, a traditional Maltese dessert made vegan and vegan ice cream! Loved it!

Plus, we were on the bay and had an awesome view from the patio. Awesome staff, too!

Return to San Giljan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Two Buoys Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.