Twin Sisters Bakery and Cafe

• Veg-friendly
Contact 210-822-2265

6322 N New Braunfels (at Sunset Ridge Shopping Ctr), San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78209

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located in Alamo Heights since 1981, this cafe provides health-oriented cuisine with some vegetarian choices. Also a downtown location that is larger at 124 Broadway.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by ellyn.arsenault

Disappointed - Edit

We really wanted to like this place.It had a cute atmosphere and I had heard amazing things about it.
The food was horrid though. The soup tasted like it had come out of a can, chips and salsa were the worst I have ever tasted in San Antonio and the sandwich made me feel bloated and tasted like nothing at all. No spice, no seasoning. For a $10 half sandwich and soup deal I expected so much more.

My Fiancee and I left still hungry and actually had to go and get another meal somewhere else just to get the taste out of our mouths.

On the bright side for a Saturday morning we were sat quickly, and our server was very nice.

I will never be eating here again nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Pros: Friendly, Atmosphere

Cons: Bad food, High Prices , bland

OK Veg Food - Edit

The menu options for vegetarians are basic and typical -- salad, sandwiches, soup and quiche. Not any other options than that. Sometimes I feel as if the sandwiches are rather bland. However the Greek salad is excellent.

Pros: healthy

Cons: limited seating -- downtown, slow service

Amazing food! - Edit

This is the best option for vegetarian food in San Antonio by far! They aren't totally vegetarian by mostly. And they daily enchalada specials are always the best thing to order, but it's a toss up with there home made veggie burger. You really can't go wrong with anything you order from here!

Pros: Amazing food, Cute atmosphere

Cons: kinda slow service, staff slightly rude

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Twin Sisters Bakery and Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2261 times since Aug 2007.