773-728-5576

5020 N Sheridan Rd, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60640

Serves meat, vegan options available. Liberal atmosphere brunch and lunch restaurant frequented by an mix of young families and area residents. Vegans could get the tofu scramble, a burrito, and a few other choices. Free wi-fi. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by Karebear

mostly good - Edit

...but they have no idea what to do with tofu! the tofu scramble is watery and bland. i admit, i'm a harsh judge when it comes to tofu, but it's not difficult to do it right.

that said, i have happily eaten here in the past and probably will in the future, just not anything tofu.

Pros: the give you coffee cake to eat immediately , they always bring fruit for the kids right away, the owner is great

Cons: need to learn to drain and season their tofu!, the black beans were pretty bland too

Great brunch place, but not a ton of vegan options - Edit

Tweet is in the neighborhood I have lived in for my entire life and it is a my parents and I have gone to many times throughout my childhood. Therefore, I have fond memories of ordering chocolate chip pancakes there, which unfortunately are not vegan, which makes me sad. However, they do have several vegan options, such as their vegan BLT and a tofu scramble, and I think it is really great that they vegan options since most places in the area do not, I just wish they had vegan pancakes. So, basically what I am saying, is that if you are vegetarian but not vegan, this place is absolutely wonderful, but if you are vegan, and you want an amazing vegan brunch, this probably wouldn't be my first choice.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tweet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.