Tushita Teehaus

Contact 089-18975594

Klenzestr. 53 (at near Gärtnerplatz), Munich, Germany, 80469

Vegan restaurant and organic tea house. Small and cozy. Offers vegan cakes, rice bowl with veggies, and also sells organic teas and tea accessories. Reservation is recommended for busy meal times. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Western, European

First Review by dietrich

Tushita Teehaus is a GEM! - Edit

Tushita Teehaus is a gem. After a cold cold 1 degree C walk to arrive at Tushita Teehaus, at exactly lunchtime and I was worried about not having a reservation. The teehaus was very full and it was such a warm welcome into their tea-cups-and-pots-décor from floor to ceiling, when I opened their door. They managed to find me a cozy seat nonetheless (I would still recommend calling for a reservation.) Do not miss the cakes display near the front register. Everything looked so beautiful and rich, I was in a bit of disbelief that everything was vegan. I had a pineapple lemonade, a hot chai latte, their lunch bowl (they have one choice, set menu dish, per day—my bowl contained tofu, cashews, rice, green salad with tahini dressing another red bell pepper salad, some kale and more—it was warm, well balanced, delicious and filling). I took some carrot cake and apple crisp to go. “Where is the menu?” The special of the day was on a chalkboard in the front, and at my seat they gave me two menus; cold drinks and their tea menu, which is literally a book containing caffeinated, and non-caffeinated botanicals…amazing selection (mostly in German but you can ask or phone-translate). I would return to this place anytime.
Just overall a lovely vegan experience—invite a friend and experience it. I returned to Tushita three times..it's that good.

Pros: Delicious food, Cozy and warm, Incredible Desserts

Cons: Soy. If you're a soy-phobe, let them know to omit

that Japanese flare - Edit

Cozy tea house, excellent (green) tea selection and vegan cakes. They offer a lunch dish, which is usually really tasty. Staff is very competent, if you need advice on the different sorts of green teas and other types of tea.

Großartig - Edit

Absolute Empfehlung.
Super leckeres Essen. Super geile Kuchen. Hammer Teeauswahl. Und total nettes und fähiges Personal.

❤️Lieblingsladen ❤️

Pros: Kartenzahlung möglich

Cons: So beliebt das gerne brechend voll. Zeit mitbringe

Lovely Lunch - Edit

We came here for lunch on our first (rainy) day in Munich, and it was just lovely. The staff were extremely helpful, speaking great English and offering to help us with the menu. They had one dish of the day, which was a delicious basmati rice bowl with cauliflower, tofu, asparagus, olives, tomatoes. We had the small portion, at 9 euro each, which was really filling. I also had a green tea & soy milk iced latte, very refreshing. Lovely atmosphere, very relaxing, but quite small.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Small, One dish of the day

beautiful food and tee in wonderful atmosphere - Edit

I love Tushita-Teehaus
a wonderful place to go with friends and enjoy especially in winter it is extremely cosy. Have a tee and something to eat (lunch options or a cake) and enjoy.
I had an avocado Lemon Pie and it was just amazing :)

Lovely place - Edit

Lovely cafe with friendly staff, amazing selection of cakes, teas.
Option to have hot or cold breakfast and then at 12pm the rice bowl of the day.
Relaxing and happy ambience

Pros: Staff and atmosphere

Cons: Rice bowl not available until 12

One of munich's best - Edit

Tushita serves one daily meal and you will never be disappointed. It is always a mixture of different vegetables, salad, rice or other grains as well as some tofu or tempeh.
You can choose between a small or a big portion.
If you are looking for a fresh vegan meal Tushita is the right place to be. If you want some meat substitute you should look for another restaurant.
Tushita calls itself a tea house and their selection of japanese teas is great, although ordering a matcha can be disapointing depending of who is preparing it. I had perfecty wisked matcha as well as a watery unintresting one. But this is realy the only negative thing I have to say about this small restaurant/tea house.
If you want to get there around noon, making a reservation is a good idea as they only have about 20 places.

Pros: Great food, Nice vide, Excellent teas

Cons: Often crowded (but still a nice vibe)

The best place to be - Edit

Last saturday, I had a short trip to munich with my boyfriend, so I searched at Happy Cow for a nice place to eat.
Fortunately, I decided to go to the Tushita Teehaus because it was near to the Viktualienmarkt where I had been before.
I ordered a green detox smoothie and the rice bowl of the day. It was...AMAZING. The food is not only vegan but healthy,too. Many greens, nice vegetables, rice. That's it.
The staff was so friendly, it felt like being home.
Go there and go vegan! ♥

Pros: friendly staff, cozy atmosphere, delicious food

Great drinks and food - Edit

We went to Tushita Teehaus on a warm summer day for lunch and a cold drink. Both were very creative and delicious!

As the name suggests, the Tushita Teehaus serves an incredible variety of teas as well as drinks using tea (i.e. Iced Chai/Matcha...). The tea menu was so extensive, it was a little confusing. I'm sure the staff would've helped us to choose if we'd asked, though.

The food was delicious and seemed pretty healthy. There's always a bowl of the day consisting of rice and several additions. What's great is that you get so many different components in one dish. In our case this was dill rice, some kind of guacamole, marinated bell peppers, cucumber raita, mango-curry-tofu and melon with tarragon. Yum!

In addition to the bowl of the day there is a great variety of sweets and snacks to choose from - cakes, pastries, cookies... They all looked delicious but we were to full to have any.

What might be a tiny fault is that the blenders are very loud, so if lots of people order blended drinks it gets quite noisy if you sit close by the bar. Still, overall the atmosphere is very homely and cozy and makes you want to spent all afternoon in there.

Tushita Teebar is definitely worth a visit and we will come back during our next visit to Munich!

Pros: Creative and delicious food and drinks, Cozy atmosphere, Good variety of small sweets and snacks

Cons: Potentially loud blenders if you sit close to the

Best cake so far - Edit

Do you experiance the mediocerity of vegan cakes at restaurants? Not here!

Tushita Teehaus serves, in rather big portions, the best vegan cake we've experianced so far. Also their pinapple lemonade and matcha latte were amazing.

Nice cozy place, bit small though, can get a bit crowded.

Pros: Best vegan cake, Wide arrange of tea, Atmosphere

Cons: Can get crowded, Bit pricy

Gemütlich, aber leider war um 18h das Essen aus - Edit

Ich kann das Essen nicht bewerten, da es leider aus war, als wir um 18h kamen (das Restaurant hat bis 20h auf). Wir hatten reserviert, allerdings war die Reservierung wohl untergegangen, was nicht schlimm war, weil es noch genügend freie Plätze gab. Die Bedienung war trotzdem sehr freundlich und generell ist es ja nicht schlecht, wenn die Essen so kalkuliert werden, dass nichts übrig bleibt, das weggeworfen werden muss. Wir kommen wieder!

Pros: Rein vegan

Cons: Essen war um 18h aus

so cute! - Edit

Really cute little place. There wasn't really any meal type foods when I visited, but they did have a great selection of cakes and pastries.

I had a really nice matcha latte and a matcha chocolate brownie that was really tasty and moist.

Great atmosphere, but busy - Edit

Great atmosphere in Japanese style. Excellent food -- try the vegan cakes! Expansive tea selection. The only caveat is that the place is so successful that it's suffering from overload.

Pros: Excellent food, especially cakes, Great tea selection, Atmosphere and friendly staff

Cons: Too busy, Slow at time of overload

Timeless - Edit

Tushita is one of the few places you usually discover while traveling and who invite to stay forever...

Ok, I was short on time and really hungry and more in a busy mode, but the last changed after entering the store.

The food was great and the atmosphere very welcoming.
They offer a variety of matcha and other teas, also cakes and brownies, all vegan.
Love it!

healthy and fun - Edit

1 main dish daily that changes very good. Found it a bit expensive for everyday but once in a while is ok. Their English was great but I find that at many vegan places. Recommend you try it.

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tushita Teehaus closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.