Tsuyukusa

Contact 070-64420622

Nakano 3-31-8, Saginomiya, Tokyo, Japan,

Small all-vegan cafe located a few blocks down from Saginomiya Station. A set of food costs about 1,000 yen, and usually consists of brown rice, miso soup, pickled vegetables, and a variety of daily side dishes. Also serves low-sugar vegan baked goods, such as date muffins and basil cornbread. Drinks include organic ginger ale, soy milk tea, and alcoholic beverages. All food is made from scratch in-house by the restaurant owner, Mami. Very little English is spoken, but the atmosphere is nonetheless very open and friendly to all customers. Address:中野区鷺宮3-31-8. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Organic

First Review by rhiaro

Super welcoming - Edit

This place was busy when I arrived, and it turned out there was a special event on. There were crochet things and bags and jewelery for sale, but not lunch. Nonetheless I was welcomed with friendly smiles and a little English by customers and staff alike, and got two small cakes and some really delicious black soy bean tea for 500 JPY. The cakes turned out to be enough to fill me up for a few hours, so a real lunch wasn't missed.

The owner greeted me with "HappyCow?!" and seemed delighted that I'd found them.

I plan to go back for actual lunch at my next opportunity.

This review was originally posted at https://rhiaro.co.uk/2016/11/vegan-in-tokyo#tsuyukusa

Pros: Friendly, Great cake

Cons: Sometimes kitchen closed for events, Very small

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tsuyukusa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.