CLOSED: Tsunami Teriyaki

Contact 316-425-3866

6254 E 37th ST N180 (at Woodlawn), Wichita, Kansas, USA, 67220

Serves meat, vegan options available. Predominately meat menu, though tofu is available in many dishes, and dishes with egg can be made without upon request. Complimentary hot tea. Casual atmosphere, fast food. Has a drive thru. Reported closed to HappyCow, Mar 2016.

Category: Ovo, Chinese, Thai, Fast food, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by

It's OK. - Edit

The menu is underwhelming and there's not much to eat for vegetarians/vegans. The portions are mostly rice, and only just enough that I wasn't still hungry. After that, the flavor is mediocre. A grocery store teriyaki sauce is at least as good as the sauces here. Probably won't visit again as there are much better options around for the same price.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: underwhelming menu, bland flavor

Excellent Food - Edit

I drive across town to eat at this place. It's considered fast food but has healthy options. The food I always get are Tofu Salad Rolls & Tofu Teriyaki (which comes w/a salad). They have a lot of veg options & complimentary green tea! Great place to eat & I highly recommend it.

Pros: Food, Drinks, Quick

Cons: Location is a bit out there

Blah - Edit

I went here excited from the last review (2009) here. Disappointing! The staff are very friendly and I asked her what on the menu was vegan, she said only one dish was and that I could add tofu to it. I got it, got back to my dad's house, opened the bag up and ......blah. I had 3 pieces of tofu (it was the veggie bowl), white rice, cabbage, and carrots. BORING! There was no flavor. I wouldn't recommend this place to any vegan/veg. Not worth the 8.60 I spent.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: boring food, overpriced, more vegan options

THe best FAST asian in town! - Edit

The staff here is so nice and willing to help vegans/vegetarians with anything on the menu! They know exactly what's in their food(fish sauce, egg, etc) and has no problem fixing a dish to suite your diet! The decor is very modern, and just a pleasant dinning experience! I've recently chatted with the owner of the restaurant and they said they soon will offer more for vegans/vegetarians and also have a brown rice option. Definitely worth a stop in. I did ask, none of the boba teas are vegan(yet), as they all have milk in them, BUT you can order a thai ice tea w/o the milk and it's very tasty. What are you waiting for? Go order some food from Tsunami Teriyaki!! Expect more from them for us veggies soon!

Pros: Free hot hot!, VERY friendly staff, Drive thru

Cons: none of the boba teas are vegan, only meat filled spring rolls, fish sauce in some dishes

Return to Wichita Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Tsunami Teriyaki closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1064 times since Aug 2009.