Tubu Tubu

Contact 03-32032093

143-5 Benten-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan,

At 東京都新宿区弁天町143-5, Ushigome Yanagicho Station on the Oedo subway line. Formerly named Tsubu Tsubu Cafe. Also shop selling some food products. Closed first week of new year and summer holiday. Open Mon 11:30am-5:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:30am-1:30pm, Wed-Sun 1:30pm-5:00pm, Wed-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Organic

First Review by shanery

My favorite restaurant! - Edit

This restaurant is my favorite in Tokyo. Today I had dinner with friends; some are vegan and others are not. But we all enjoyed the meal! I especially liked their Milano Style Doria. It tasted rich and I could not believe that there is no ground meat or cheese in it. I also loved fried hie. It is made of grain but it tasted really like fried white fish without the fishy smell. Their pizza was amazing too. All the food we tried was good. Portions are small but that was OK because the ingredients are all fresh and organic. I appreciate that what they offer is not only tasty but genuinely healthy. Next time I go I plan to try the vegan parfait. It looked good on the menu, but they only have that during the day.

Vegan food made with variety of grains. - Edit

Hidden in a part of Shinjuku, this restaurant is a house redecorated as a restaurant.
Most of the meals are made with some sort of grain and the food is distinctive for sure.
It is a typical Japanese portion so if you are used to the regular western portion you might be disappointed.
Due to its uniqueness, it is on a expensive side so if you just want cost effective vegan food, this place may not be your best choice but if you want to try some creative grain made vegan dishes, it's worth a trip. :)

Pros: creative. , grain oriented , unique

Cons: bit expensive. , small portion

Bad cost performance - Edit

I had the hamburg lunch and the Christmas parfait. The hamburg was tiny and came with three pieces of vegetables : half of a little potato, a floret of cauliflower, a piece of carrot and, since I chose bread, three little cuts that seemed to have long waited, because they tasted a little musty... There were also a little bowl of green salad and a miso-soup. The hamburg, made of taka-kibi cereal, and the gravy, were fine. For the parfait ... except for the berry sauce at the bottom, it was all beige-colored and the ice-cream, the sauce and the chantilly seemed different versions (frozen or not) of the same cereal ingredient. I don't know much about macrobiotic cuisine and don't know for example if their not using spices or herbs is part of their credo, but it seemed to me very plain and lacking of research on taste. Since the hamburg set was 1,800 ¥ and the Christmas parfait 1,300 ¥, plus tax, it costed me 3,300 ¥ for a lunch altogether lacking in quality and quantity.

Pros: No sugar

Overpriced, pretty bad service - Edit

This restaurant is basically a house, which gives it a quaint atmosphere, but the owners were more busy playing with kids they had over than actually serving the customer. Overpriced and smaller servings than nearby vegetarian options.

Nice! - Edit

I was here on the weekend. Unfortunately I arrived too late to try a vegan pizza (they stop taking orders at 10pm). I had the burger which was delicious. The soup and salad I had were fine. The portions were small, especially given the price. I hope to be back at some point to try one of the pizzas, which look great.

The name in the title is wrong. It should be "Buona Tubu Tubu".

shanery 09 Jul 2014 - This review should be for a the restaurant going by the same name at a different location.

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tubu Tubu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.