Japanese
Beer/Wine
Take-out
Breakfast

A branch of T's Restaurant with signature dish being tantan ramen. Offers also gyoza, salads, curry, and soy meat meals. Limited menu mornings, full menu from 10am, last order 30 minutes before closing. It's inside JR Ueno Station in Ecute shopping center on the 3rd floor, above platform 8 at the northern part of the station. Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm. Last order 30min before closing.

Venue map for T's Tantan - JR Ueno
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Whiteeve

KetanShah92

Points +15

24 Feb 2024

Fully vegan traditional dishes

This place was a great find right inside the Ueno station. Try the massamen curry and the white sesame tantan. They are yummy. The calories are mentioned with every dish too. I love their vegetable gyoza dumplings too.

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-24

Pros: Fully vegan, Clean and friendly, Not very expensive

Cons: Maybe hard to locate

JackEinstein

Points +60

23 Feb 2024

Great food!

Really great ramen dishes and gyoza. No notes! Non vegan friend also enjoyed their food.

It is in Ueno station, accessed through the Panda Bridge Entrance (eastern side). On the map, it is Business number 6.

Javisegurav

Points +13

23 Feb 2024

Un buen lugar para veganos

Para encontrarlo debes entrar en la estación (pagando) y subir a la tercera planta. Recomiendo pedir ramen, nos pareció lo mejor del menú.

Pros: Restaurante vegano, Hablan inglés

Cons: Echamos en falta salsas

SophiaMT

Points +147

22 Feb 2024

Delicious

After a very cold and rainy day running around Tokyo, it was great to stop at T's Tantan. The food is delicious, the staff are friendly, and the food comes out very fast. You can also get instant ramen to take home for 1000¥ for four cups. Can't recommend enough!

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-22

Good food and service

blackswan

Points +24

16 Feb 2024

A must eat: delicious and affordable!

It took a min to find, as does everything in Japan if you are a Westerner just learning Japanese, but it was worth the hunt. It’s in a mall adjacent/inside the Ueno bullet train station. Super convenient. Super friendly staff.

And the food … 10/10, highly recommend. The menu is small but mighty. The ramen is slurp and drink the last bite delicious. This place’s high ratings are well deserved. Vegan gyosa was on point too!

QueenH

Points +76

14 Feb 2024

Loved the food

The place was a little hard to find (maybe because we were tired) but so worth it!

Pros: Athmosphere, Food, Choice

PinkYukata

Points +75

12 Feb 2024

vegan ramen options in the metro station

This restaurant is hard to find for a vegan tourist! You need to enter Ueno station then enter the metro gates. Then you need to go to the part of the station that has a third floor, find the long escalator, and check at the restaurant area floor map to locate T’s.

Side note: We added a Pasmo card on our phones, which makes it really easy, no need to purchase an IC card and no refill with cash. If you enter the metro gate only for that restaurant and exit at the same station, it charges 150¥ from your Pasmo card.

The restaurant had a line outside but the wait wasn’t too long. When it’s almost your turn, they bring you the menu outside to take your order. When you get seated your order is immediately served.

The vegan golden sesame ramen with a side of gyoza was very satisfying. Lots of different flavors going on there. After having tried the instant ramen from T’s, we can definitely say that they are a pale representation and eating there is way better!

Tsukimi

Points +3670

09 Feb 2024

Fast, convenient and delicious

You can’t go wrong with t’s Tantan.
Nice to have it in Ueno where aren’t many vegan options available.
A bit hard to find.

kai36

Points +154

08 Feb 2024

Delicious

Great food. Got the golden sesame tantan and the cold noodles, both were fantastic. Service was fast, efficient, and enthusiastic. Very cool place, but you do get a bit of a rushed feeling since it's in the station. I'll be back to try the other dishes.
I have since tried the black sesame tantan which is my new favorite!

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-21

Pros: Amazing flavors, Friendly staff, Plenty of food

Cons: Inside-a-subway-station vibe

tinybatparty

Points +44

Mostly Veg
04 Feb 2024

Light and Tasty

I don’t typically think “wow, I want ramen for breakfast,” but I went right when they opened at 10:00 and it was a great start to my day. Had the golden sesame ramen and gyoza, delicious, light, and filling - definitely among my favorite vegan places I’ve tried here. I’d consider making this a regular spot on future trips to Tokyo.

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-04

Pros: Friendly staff, Inexpensive, Cozy atmosphere

Cons: Inside a station

FaithUgates

Points +247

30 Jan 2024

Rich in flavor

A great dinner to end my day. I had the Golden Sesame Tantan and gyoza, both were so good, rich in flavor. As I've read in other people's reviews, the service is indeed really quick. It's almost like a fast food. Nevertheless, it was a satisfying dinner. The place is cute too, and cozy. #Veganuary

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-30

Pros: Ramen, Staff, Cozy place

Cons: Inside JR station

chia8168

Points +17

28 Jan 2024

注意:如果来旅游的

因为我们是游客,没有jr地铁卡,需要而外买票进去. 拉面是不错,挺好吃的 #Veganuary

Pros: 不错的日式拉面

Cons: 没有jr卡,需要而外买日元150进去地铁站,因为店铺位置在里面, 可能是地铁站,人流多,顾客也多,吃完不好意思逗留太久.

yuchin

Points +22

28 Jan 2024

非常好吃的拉麵

喜歡整間店的氛圍、食物、接待人員非常有禮,值得進入車站來吃! #Veganuary

Pros: 拉麵好吃, 地點周邊交通方便

Cons: 初次前來不容易找到

Biancajakon

Points +318

22 Jan 2024

I understand the hype now

We ended up going to t’s twice in one day because it was so delicious. We couldn’t believe how fast the food came out the first time so the second time we timed it- two minutes and thirty seconds from ordering our food was out!
The flavours were great the gyoza was great. Overall great experience 😊 #Veganuary

Pros: Delicious , Cheap, Quick

sann

Points +51

21 Jan 2024

Tasty ramen

The place was a bit confusing to find, but the food was worth it. I brought big luggage and it was no problem. The server asked me about any possible allergies, which was nice.

Pros: Did not leave hungry, Inexpensive, Many toppings

Cons: Confusing to find

Angie_

Points +494

21 Jan 2024

Good ramen

Conveniently located inside Ueno station. Careful: you have to enter the ticket gate to get to the restaurant.
The food was really good, but even though many reviews call it the best vegan ramen in Tokyo, I must say that there’s a lot of other great places in the city. So in my opinion this place is a bit overhyped.
Still very tasty and definitely worth the visit!

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-27

Pros: All vegan, Tasty

yungveg17

Points +1035

11 Jan 2024

Tasty and convenient

We were coming through Ueno station anyway after traveling from Osaka and it was amazing to have such a good vegan option for a late lunch when we arrived.
They were also super nice and let us put our suitcases off to the side.
The food was yummy and we would happily return.

Pros: Friendly

miltoky

Points +695

28 Dec 2023

Great food

I had the Massaman Curry and the Tantan Bowl. Both were great. Staff were friendly and it's less busy than the one at Tokyo Station.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly staff, Inexpensive

LéonieMengjuChang

Points +349

22 Dec 2023

Drop by when take JR

I like variation. I've been in total 4 times. Three times in Ueno and once in Tokyo.
It would be better if each item is 200 yen cheaper.

MichaelScur

Points +100

21 Dec 2023

It's alright for what it is

The allergen list was really helpful, and there were a variety of options. The ramen had a strong citrus / herbal quality, not exactly what I was looking for but it was alright.

iloverobocop

Points +52

05 Dec 2023

Fantastic

As amazing as everyone says it is. Tasty, hearty, filling and reasonably priced.

Pearlypearl

Points +1368

30 Nov 2023

Located within Ueno JR station

To access to this place, you need to tap in to the platform to access to Ecute Mall. Food is yummy and has quite a few options of ramen. Tried the black sesame tantan which is stated as “spicy” but it’s isn’t, at least for me 😂

Heike.St

Points +254

28 Nov 2023

Tasty Ramen

We came for an early lunch and got seated right away. Our baby got his own baby fork/spoon.
Never tried this location before. Service was friendly and quick! We got two different ramens, and both hit the spot. Gyoza was very good with a yummy sauce. Our baby was also very satisfied with the food and the friendly people.

Directions: it’s on the 3 floor within the train station near access to platform/gate 7 and 8.

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-26

BethMai

Points +45

Mostly Veg
26 Nov 2023

Tasty stuf

Very good ramen and wonderful staff. A must if you're in the area.

You must go past the ticket barriers to find it - so we decided on a location to visit post-meal and just did it that way.

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-26

TaniaR

Points +13

23 Nov 2023

Delicious and fast!

Great ramen, friendly staff, and speedy service! Yes, tricky to find, but definitely worth it. My non-vegetarian partner also really enjoyed his ramen.

MicciM

Points +1477

21 Nov 2023

Soooo good

Tasty food in a quiet environment.
We highly
recommend gyoza and ramen.