First Review by corrinalyon

very nice - Edit

We stumbled across this place by mistake. We knew T'S Tantan in Tokyo and were surprised to find a branch in Sendai. Food was delicious and I'd say that the Sendai branch has better choices. We had a couple with Omnivores with us and they loved the food as well. I'll definitely come back.

Pros: selection, location, good value

Worth the Trouble to Find - Edit

This place is very difficult to find. Unlike the description says, it's not actually outside the train station, but rather in a building attached directly to the train station. It's located in the main building of a place called S-PAL level B1-F, which is actually two floors down below the main level (floor 2). It may be helpful to locate one of the Japanese maps of the building and ask for directions. There are also interactive maps with English as an option, but they're not particularly helpful.

If you come in on tracks 2 or 4 for the local JR lines, it's down the stairs off the platform near the south exit.

The staff was very helpful and they do have an English menu available. The food is not fancy, think the Japanese version of Veggie Grill. But since it's the biggest meal I've had in 3 days, with the most fresh vegetables of my entire trip so far (almost 3 weeks), I'm not complaining. I'll definitely be going back again! PS: Get the soy pudding. If you get a set meal it comes with a little cup and it's delightful.

Pros: Affordable, Delicious, Vegan

Cons: Difficult to Locate

Good restaurant like the one in Tokyo - Edit

I had dinner at T's tan tan yesterday with my friend. I had a vege bibimbap (880¥) and dumplings (380¥). The bibimbap was ok but the dumplings were really delicious. My friend had a matsaman curry (880¥) and dumplings too. The curry was very good (and spicy). A soup was offered with the dishes.
For directions, take the west exit in Sendai station. Go down the escalators twice, you should arrive at the basement level (B1) where you have the restaurant avenue. You can also follow the signs for Spal Food Corner.

Pros: good food, good portions

Good food, good location... - Edit

Please be careful about the map directions given for this cafe, as when I used them they were so wrong up ended up at Sendai City Office car park with a man crossing his arms at me wondering what I was doing there. Just go down to escalators near the west exit to Sendai station and it's located on the Restaurant Avenue. This T's Tan Tan is similar but different to the one in Tokyo station, in both appearance and menu. I ordered the Suan La Tang noodles (¥880), a hot and sour soup and, as a side dish, steamed vegetables and dumplings (¥300). The soup was fine, what you'd expect, with plenty of noodles and crisp bean curd, and the vegetables and dumplings were delicious with oily, creamy and vinegary dipping sauces on the side. I also ordered the pudding, which was surprisingly good for what it was: not too sweet, and creamy rather than too gelatinous. I ended up coming back for lunch the next day and had the Soupless Tantan noodles (¥880), which had a delicious savory, nutty flavour. A great handy place for vegan food in Sendai.

Pros: Good, reasonably priced food, Right in Sendai station

Return to Sendai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has T's Tan Tan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.