First Review by SynthVegan

Hoping to Become a Regular! - Edit

Just tried it today, and loved it! "Burger" was delicious--did not taste like fake meat, but more like a falafel--and the Green Guru smoothie was to die for. Really filling, too! The staff was friendly and helpful. I am hoping to pop in for a takeout at least weekly!

Pros: Delicious, Filling, You know it's good for you!

Cons: Pricey, Lack of parking in the area

Great little vegan restaurant - Edit

I work across the street from this restaurant. As a vegan, I was very happy when they opened. I've had almost everything on the food menu. It has all been great. My personal favorites are the "nachos" and Mike's Hand Rolls. The Nori Roll is good too. Remember to order dessert if you go here. My personal favorites are the coconut macaroons. I've also had incredible raw brownie bites, "cheesecake" and banana ice cream.

This restaurant is 100% vegan. And mostly raw. They do have warm soups in the fall winter, but they don't seem to do them in the summer.

I'd love if they made some more cooked dishes, but the raw food they make is great. I strongly recommend it for vegans, vegetarians, and anyone interested in eating healthy.

They make smoothies, wheat grass drinks, etc. but I haven't had many of them so I cannot make much of a recommendation there.

I wish they did a tofu breakfast roll up and other warm vegetarian foods, which is sorely lacking in Birmingham.

Overall, I love the restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Monday August 12, 2013

Pros: Great tasting food, Great specials, Amazing deserts

Cons: A little pricey, Not much ambiance, Could use more warm dishes

Amazing food for this cozy, small place! - Edit

I've been here twice so far, and I must say that it's about time that Birmingham got a vegan cafe. The food is strictly vegan, healthy and delicious (you MUST try the earth "burger"). It provides a quiet and simple ambiance with a very conveniant location, making this place the perfect stop for a light lunch, breakfast, or dinner.

Pros: strictly vegan, amazing food , quiet with amazing staff

Cons: small space

Try it Raw - Edit

This is a very small restaurant serving tasty raw food. I had the zucchini pasta, it was good but maybe had too much coconut flavor for my liking. My friend was impressed with their meal too. I would eat here again.

Return to Birmingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Try it Raw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4314 times since Aug 2012.