True Story

18 Lord Mayor's Walk, York, England, YO31 7HA

Vegetarian turned vegan cafe formerly operated as Me & Mrs Fisher. Offers daily specials, salads, soups, falafel, beans on toast, vegan cakes and scones. York Minster views. Open Tue-Thu 10:00am-5:00pm, Fri 10:00am-11:30pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery, British, Catering, Fusion

First Review by camusblathan

Delicious! - Edit

A very nice place to relax for a lazy brunch. Lots of tasty choices, as well as a selection of cakes if you're not wanting a full meal. We saw milkshakes going past that looked lovely!
The staff were all very pleasant and friendly and the atmosphere was calm and cosy.

Pros: Everything is vegan, Good location

Tasty, but expensive - Edit

We went for lunch, and had the bile beans (basically fancy beans on toast) and the vegan omelette with roast veg and vegan feta. Both were really nice, but I don't think they were worth £9.50 each. The decor and the feel of the place is really nice and cosy, and the staff were friendly, if a bit difficult to get a hold of when you wanted something.

A good place to go if you don't mind paying, however it was a bit out of my student budget. I'd maybe go again if I was celebrating something.

Pros: Tasty food, Cosy decor

Cons: Expensive!

Very nice - Edit

Lovely little place, great selection of breakfast, lunch and cake options which are all vegan.
It's sightly expensive, but worth it for a treat.

Pros: loads of options

Cons: slightly expensive.

York's little secret - Edit

A fabulous find, just a couple of minutes walk from York's attractions.
Lovely calm atmosphere with fabulous, knowledgable staff. Everyone was so welcoming and there was a good cake selection, all of which was vegan. Apparently all the cakes are made suitable for vegans.
Today there was a great selection of 3 scones, a Yorkshire tea loaf, a chocolate cake and a pecan slice. I had an almond and cherry scone which was lovely and moist. A pot of tea with oat milk washed it down nicely.
Thats all I had as I'd eaten earlier, but all the meals that came out of the kitchen looked delicious.
Definitely top of my list of eating out places in York the next time I'm visiting.

Pros: Good selection of vegan cakes, Lovely atmosphere, Very reasonable prices

Return to York Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has True Story closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.