CLOSED: True Nature Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store

Contact 773-465-6400

7000 N Glenwood, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60626

Organic market combined with Heartland Cafe. Selling fresh vegetables, natural food and products. 2015 relocated from 6034 N Broadway St. JAN 2016 REPORTED THE MARKET PORTION SHUT. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by friedokra

Good Juices, Small store. - Edit

I happened to find this place when I was bike riding; the juice bar sign in front of the building was calling me. My friend and I ordered juices and we both really liked them. I decided to check out the rest of the store, but I felt it had a small selection. It's great if you live near it, but I wouldn't drive from the loop to go there.

I do agree with the last reviewer, they have a large tea selection - too bad I don't like tea.

A welcome addition! - Edit

Try the rainbow chard- grown on the roof- it's quite sweet.

There are always pleasant surprises in the produce section, although by early evening it's pretty picked over. Nice selection of greens generally, as well as reliably stocked canned goods section. Reasonable deals on canned goods can be found.

What's special here? Enormous tea selection. Fresh nut butters. Vegan frozen treats.

Tofu, seitan, tempeh, nuts and nutritional yeast are quite expensive here. They carry Soul Veg sandwiches, meals and snacks. Snack selection is good, but pricey. They have vegan jerky, too!

The staff is always very helpful.

Pros: Open until 8pm, Reliably stocked, Can be great in a pinch

Cons: Staples are expensive, Gets picked over fast

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: True Nature Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 599 times since Aug 2007.