True Food

Contact 845-480-5710

166 Main St, Nyack, New York, USA, 10960

Serves meat, vegan options available. All organic restaurant that offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner in a casual dining setting. Fresh salads, burrito, hot entrees, and more.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by garynyack

True Food - Edit

I went to True Food on my birthday with my mom for lunch. I am a vegan and my mom is mostly vegetarian. I ordered the kimchi tofu on a bed of mesclun, a kombuchca, and a vegan cranberry scone. My mom ordered a breakfast wrap. When the server learned it was birthday, he offered me a free cup of coffee which was nice!
My kimchi tofu was delicious and my mom enjoyed her wrap. I've had baked goods at True Foods before and loved them, but this time my scone seemed like it was maybe a day or two old.

Ugh yes. - Edit

So great for vegans. The hot food bar is great, but my fave is the Southwestern wrap with no cheese. Also keep an eye out for vegan baked goodies!
Updated from previous review on Sunday February 21, 2016

Pros: Baked goods

Cons: Smallish space, Bit pricey

very vegan-friendly - Edit

I don't have much to add that the last rave review didn't say. I love the variety of their hot bar, and their kale-pecan veggie burger is pretty darn amazing. You can get a healthy, filling, and tasty meal here. It can add up, though, especially the hot bar. True, not much vegan variety in the baked goods, but they do have interesting date rolls and things like that if you have a sweet tooth.

Pros: good food, cute atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: a bit pricey, could have more vegan baked goods

TRUE FOOD is True Love - Edit

Stumbled on this gem one day boppin' around Nyack. As a vegan, I was very pleased to see so many hot vegan lunch options, i.e. rich, hearty, healthy, vegetable stews (chock full of carrots, sweet potatoes, eggplant, cauliflower, kale, peas, etc), ultra tasty grains, beans and legumes, and out of this world soups (e.g., ginger carrot), all maxed out w ingredients that are as fresh as "humanly" possible.. lots of nice asian spices, curries, lots of ginger, garlic, never too spicy though which i like (cuz i like to taste the ingredients). They also make a tofu breakfast wrap which is yumm. Their cold drinks are carefully chosen and it is here where I discovered the genius that is Fentimans Dandelion & Burdock - a botanically brewed carbonated soda infused with dandelion leaves & burdock root, sweetened with pear juice, and spiced with a touch of ginger anise. The only thing blatantly missing was a variety of vegan desserts (only thing i saw was one vegan scone and not a huge sconehead) and of course i would like to see them sell much, much less meat and dairy. Anyone who does vegan this exceptional, needs to go all vegan in my opinion. Build it and they will come. I went back 5 out of the next 7 days. I met the owner/chef and she is lovely. Eat here asap!!!

Real food - Edit

Organic Makes for awesome, fresh, and delicious food. A chicken, and veggie entree menu changed daily. Homemade chai and other teas and soups. The burritos are incredible. I highly recommend this place, if nothing else to support a great cause for progressive food ideas.

Return to Nyack Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has True Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1945 times.