Great shop - Edit

I love this shop. It's friendly, open at good hours and has a really interesting and reasonably priced stock of organic/ethically farmed produce such as nuts/fruit and veg as well as a selection of teas, toiletries, nut butters, hummus etc. There's relaxing music playing, a seating area to have a tea or coffee and lots of flyers and information about relevant community activity. I can do almost all of my shopping here now instead of going to the supermarket. The only area I can think of that could be improved is the selection of fruit and veg as it really high quality but sometimes a bit thin on the ground in terms of choice. Well worth a visit!

Organic, Fair Trade Ethical Supplies - Edit

This is just what anybody who wishes they could wheen themsleves off supermarkets need to do so. We are able to get som much of our weekly supplies here, Fruit and Vegetables, Loose Goods that you weight out yourself (pulses, grains, seeds, nuts, dried fruit, cereals) Household Cleaning, Tins, Tea and Coffee, etc. THey have a refill station for Household Laundry and Washing Up Liquid. Also, if they do not have what you want, then just ask either Jo or Chris and whilst you may need to purchase a whole box, it means you can just about get everything (e.g. we buy our loose tea and have to buy it in a pack of 6 x 125g, 6 bottles of Lemon Juice at a time, etc) but it is great value and what we want.

Also Tru-Food recycles tetrapacks, so bring your empties to the market. Tru-Food also tries to locally source products and keep down those food miles

Pros: Great Selection, Now can pay by card

Return to Reading Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has True Food Co-op closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.