Tropical Vegan Cafe

( 1 review )

4512 Market St (at Market St), San Diego, California, USA, 92114

Offers traditional island dishes with a vegan twist such as vegetable stew with "beef" and porkless griot bites. All dishes are served with choice of white rice and beans, rice and peas or brown rice. Has sautéed seasonal veggies, fried plantains and pikliz (pickled spicy slaw). Take-out only Nov '20. Can wait in car on the sidewalk to receive order.
Note Jan 2021: restaurants in San Diego are open for outdoor dining and takeaway only (no indoor dining). Open Tue-Thu 12:00pm-3:00pm. Closed Fri-Mon.

Categories: Vegan, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Caribbean, Catering, Gluten-free

1 Review

First Review by SamanthaKTeng

SamanthaKTeng

Points +746

18 Dec 2020

SO Yummy!!!

We came across the Tropical Vegan Cafe at Ocean Beach. They had 2 types of tacos & Ethiopian plates by Reda’s Ethiopian vegan cuisine (it looked really good).
I wasn’t very hungry so my husband ended ordering one of each type of taco. One was Sautéed soy carne asada. The second was Jerk cauliflower.
We both loved the first one we tried. I believe it was the carne asada. It reminded me of a really delicious & flavorful shrimp taco- 5/5. The other one was good too but we liked the first one better. I loved that the tacos tasted so fresh. They had raw red cabbage, fresh cilantro, onions, habanero mango salsa and chipotle lime aioli slaw.
We would def come back for that taco & to try the Ethiopian plates!

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tropical Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.