Troitsky Most - Nab Reki Moyki

Contact 9255978

Naberezhnaya Reki Moyki 30, St Petersburg, Russia,

Part of chain restaurant. Serves salads, hot dishes, drinks and desserts. Menu is in Russian and English, and staff is ready to help. It's between The Hermitage and Nevskiy Prospekt.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Russian

First Review by Stevie

Weird place - Edit

Unfortunately my experience here wasn't great. We came here after an exhausting visit to the Hermitage Museum and really needed some refreshments. The servers didn't speak almost any English and weren't happy with helping us. The owner though, who is an older lady, was much more helpful. The younger staff was just unpleasant.

After the struggle with finding vegan food we were able to get some borscht soup, tofu in thai rice and salad. There were also some vegan desserts. The food was so-so and especially the desserts were a big disappointment. Wouldn't come back here -there are better options in the city.

Pros: good location next to Hermitage

Cons: unpleasant staff, food only so-so

Delicious! - Edit

Really cute place in St Petersburg. The menu was mostly in Russian, but there were a few things written in English, and the lady there spoke English and was quite happy to help us out. We had the cutlets, dumplings and a few salads, all of which were really nice. The only disappointing thing here was the lack of soy milk for coffee. I know this isn't a vegan place but most veggie places in Russia had soy milk, and I was really looking forward to a coffee after a long train journey! Still worth a visit though.

Pros: Very tasty

Cons: No soy milk

A Little Too Old-School - Edit

This is St. Petersburg’s venerable vegetarian institution, and its only vegetarian chain. I went to the Moika Canal location, just a block off Nevsky Prospekt. While the restaurant is vegetarian-friendly, their menu is old-school and not vegan-friendly. Most of the dishes had dairy, such as their flagship lasagna. Worse, the server didn’t speak English, making it difficult to navigate the menu. I tried a cold garbanzo bean salad and savory "broccoli wheat" pancakes with sour cream, neither of which were remarkable. Cost for this modest meal was about $5. The restaurant decor was atmospheric, but the food wasn’t worth a second visit, especially in light of the alternatives.

Tasty and cosy - Edit

This cafe is cosy and homely, and right near Palace Square. There are quite a few vegan options. They have an English version of the menu and the workers were happy to help me in a bit of English. I had the vegetarian cutlets, which were delicious patties made of cabbage and potato. I also had two salads from their selection, one with beetroot and the other with red beans. Everything was fresh, healthy and tasty. Prices are good value.

Pros: Tasty food, English menu

Cons: More vegan options needed

good location - Edit

After our tour of the Hermitage, we headed over to this location and it's right on the canal, fairly easy to find. Their English signs were not up next to the Russian ones on the menu board, but one woman spoke a little bit of English and between that and the Vegan Passport, she was able to pick out a vegan lunch for us. We started with a cold mushroom and cabbage soup that I didn't care for much although Dirk thought it was fine. Since they also sell salads in a deli case, we got a beet salad which was excellent as well as some marinated mushrooms. The highlight was definitely the main meal of "roast a la Spain" with vegetables and dill. They have a rotating case of desserts too and we asked if any did not have milk or eggs. We got a fabulous one stuffed with marzipan. Yum! Overall, we were very grateful to find a veggie restaurant close to the Hermitage.

Pros: vegan options near the Hermitage

Cons: English menu not posted that day

Troitskiy Most, Rekiy Mori, St Petersburg - Edit

This is a smashing little cafe just off Nevski Prospekt near to the Hermitage. It is open long hours 7 days a week and always seem to have something that is vegan veggie friendly (eg soup, veg ragout and some of the salads).

The menu on the wall has an English version. Staff didn't speak much Russian but tried their best to be helpful and were always very pleasant.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendy, Open long hours, Helpful staff

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Troitsky Most - Nab Reki Moyki closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2976 times since Jun 2008.