Trof NQ

+44-1618333197

8 Thomas St, Manchester, England, M4 1EU

Serves meat, vegan options available. A bustling bar and eatery in the Northern Quarter of Manchester. Has several vegan options clearly marked on the menu including beet & white bean burger with guacamole, breakfast of crumbed avocado, hash brown, beans, mushrooms & toast, sweet potato & spinach hash with mushrooms, toasted cashews & vegan black pudding, crunchy chickpea superfood salad and butternut squash & coconut curry. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-9:00pm. Food service times - bar opens later (until 3:00am Fri-Sat). Check Facebook for details and upcoming live events.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine, British, European, Non-veg

First Review by Veganolive1

Great vegan brunch! - Edit

There are three vegan brunch options available here, all served till 4pm. The full vegan breakfast was really good (except for a cold tomato, which was a poor addition!) and very filling, despite the lack of sausages or meat substitutes. The breaded avocado was the real highlight! The sweet potato and mushroom hash was also really good, and packed with flavour and seasoning. It's a nice, friendly little place and we really enjoyed our visit. There are vegan options for main meals as well, but no desserts yet.

good vegan burgers - Edit

We had vegan burgers for lunch
Good burger, perfect fries

Fabulous Vegan Options - Edit

Trof NQ is in the busy Northern Quarter, one of my favouite areas of Manchester and although I have walked past so many times, this was my first visit, as previously I had never seen any vegan options.

The menu now includes delicious sounding vegan dishes, so I decided to have the all day vegan brunch of sweet potato, mushroom and spinach hash, with some vegan black pudding, which I ordered with some trepidation.
The hash was fantastic, packed with flavour, great textures and served with some gorgeous sourdough bread, perfect for mopping up the juices on the plate.   I was so surprised that I enjoyed the black pudding, it was a little like falafel.   The dish was so good, I demolished the lot and will try and replicate the dish at home, it was spot on.

I will definitely revisit Trof NQ, its my kind of place, relaxed and chilled and of course, I have got to try those other dishes.

Pros: Vegan options, Clear vegan labelling

Return to Manchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trof NQ closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.