Trio Bar and Grill

• Veg-friendly
Contact 717-285-0888

3707 Marietta Ave, Columbia, Pennsylvania, USA, 17512

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant and bar. Offers veggie choices like an avocado reuben sandwich, a veggie cheesesteak, and a portabello wrap plus several salads. Vegans to specify no cheese, mayo, etc. and kitchen will accommodate.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Eenasmom

Tread carefully - Edit

The vegan chef/owner has left this establishment. In my recent visit there is no longer a separate vegan menu and main menu does not have many vegan options and they are not noted as veg. Truly a bummer!!

Trio Bar and Grill We were sorry to see the chef go, but have a new chef coming on board starting next week. He has an extensive knowledge of the vegan diet and makes all of his products from scratch. We also are launching a new menu Monday 10/6 which has a few vegan offerings in addition to our weekly vegan specials. Follow us on Facebook to see all the vegan specials we will be offering. Thanks for your comment and we hope to see you back in for some food in the next couple of weeks!

Cool sports bar with separate vegan menus - Edit

If you're looking for a cozy, divey atmosphere to get a few beers and dinner, you're in luck. Trio has big screen TVs with several games on at one time, plus a great selection of beer on tap. Their chef is a vegan so he instated a separate vegan menu - it's nothing too in depth, there is about 5 or 6 options, but it's more than what you'll find elsewhere in Columbia...

I got the Avocado Reuben and it was yummy.

New Vegan Menu Weekly - Edit

Great bar, love the atmosphere. Nice dining area as well, and seasonal patio. Best of all, a weekly vegan menu featuring about half a dozen new vegan options every week.

Pros: New vegan options weekly, great price

Trio makes it easy to be vegan - Edit

I'm new to the vagan diet so ordering can sometimes be over whelming but NOT at Trio!! They always have a wide selection of creative choices on their vegan menu from salads to sandwiches. If you can't decide which item to choose, go for the Vegan Ruben! YUMMY!!!!

Pros: Great food, Great service, Fun atmosphere

Sports Bar with Vegan Options - Edit

One of the toughest aspects of being a vegan and to a lesser extent a vegetarian, is how those worthwhile choices can crimp one's social life. Trio's has many of the earmarks of a sports bar-- large screen TVs showing various professional sports games; it's seasonal outdoor deck is fun, loud and popular, and also has a TV often tuned to sports. But how many sports bars are there that offer ample vegan and vegetarian menu choices? Trio's does!

When vegan and vegetarian options are available in this type of setting it's time to celebrate how mainstream these healthier choices have become.

Great creative vegan food - Edit

This restaurant is the reason I joined HappyCow, in order to leave a review. First of all: this is a bar & grill. There are times of day where the bar will be rowdy, because it's a bar. If you go expecting peace and quiet in the later evening, well, it's a bar.

That being said, the staff here is responsive and friendly and very concerned about the quality of the food being offered. They offer a rotating vegan menu - new every week - that is separate from the main menu (so be sure to request it). It has about 5-6 items on it, with an extra vegan special every Friday & Saturday.

The food is priced right and fantastic. This seems to be the first opportunity in the Lancaster area to not only get quality vegan food, but to get it with a beer too. As they are a bar, they are trying out various events - like trivia and drink specials - and I'm looking forward to checking these events out as well. Being able to do this sort of thing with a vegan flair is beyond exciting to me.

Check them out, give them a shot, and I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Pros: Great food, Great pricing, Friendly staff

Cons: In a bar - can be noisy

Won't Eat Here Again - Edit

Two cows because the did have a vegan menu, with about five items. But what I got was greasy and didn't Taste fresh. There were only two tables free, and we waited a long time to be waited on. Rowdy crowd with the alcohol being served as Well.

Pros: Vegan Menu, Price

Cons: Cold, Wait Time, Greasy

happy taste buds & full bellies! - Edit

So happy we stopped here for lunch! I was the only vegan in our party, which can be difficult but in this case everyone had a wonderful meal. If we lived closer this would be one of our go to restaurants. Everything was fresh and flavorful. I hope we have a reason to be close enough to go back!

Return to Columbia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trio Bar and Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1404 times since Nov 2012.