CLOSED: Trimurti Indian Cuisine

416-645-0286

265 Queen St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5V 1Z4

Serves meat, vegan options available. There is one block on Queen Street that houses a few Indian restaurants; all offer buffet lunches and similar a la carte dinner menus. The food here is more flavorful and portions are large. The buffet typically has 6 hot veggie dishes. CLOSED: SEPT 2015 REPORTED SHUT FB INACTIVE.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Non-veg

First Review by Teknotribes

Best Indian food in downtown Toronto - Edit

I've never tried their lunch buffet, but as an a la carte place for dinner, this is my favorite Indian restaurant in Toronto... And I've been to a LOT. The staff is super friendly and, although the decor is old, it is understated in just the right way and super comfortable. The food is fresh, flavorful and complex without being overly oily, salty of sugary, which many indian restaurants seem to fall back on. The tandoori cauliflower is a must-have and the saag paneer is masterful. Prices are good too. Don't be fooled by the other restaurants on the block. This one is a clear winner!

Vegetarian

Contributions +25

Great Indian Restaurant In Downtown Toronto Core - Edit

Okay, I am talking about downtown Toronto and specifically Queen St West between University and John. There is on street on the south side that has 3 Indian restaurants practically next door to each other. All 3 offer “all you can eat buffet lunches” for the same price. All 3 offer pretty much the same dinner menu with equally similar prices. You can see their similar sandwich boards on the street.

My girlfriend and I have tried all 3 for both lunch and dinner and although all are good, we feel that Trimurti is the best of the three. The food is fresher, more flavorful and not watered down. You will get a wonderful curry sauce that is creamy and filling and the portions are huge. I am a ovo-lacto vegetarian so to all my fellow vegetarians, there is an abundance of variety to choose from in the menu. Furthermore besides the many salads the buffet always has 6 hot veggie dishes. My girlfriend is a meat eater and she loves the meat dishes and I, as a vegetarian, love the veggie dishes!

Also, I want to mention the wonderful Mr. Alpa who was our waiter both times we were there. He went out of his way to help us with selection of dishes and was always attentive to our needs. In fact, he overheard me telling my girlfriend that I had a craving for a spinach salad and although it was not on the dinner menu, he said he would have the chef make it up for me. He did and it was delicious!!! Thank you Alpa.

Again, all 3 restaurants are good but there is definitely a worst, middle and best and Trimurti was the best of the 3 in terms of quality of food and customer service. The next time you are visiting the downtown core and you feel like Indian, do yourself a favor and check out Trimurtri. The plain talk is you will be very glad that you did.
Namaste
Updated from previous review on Friday September 13, 2013

Pros: Variety, Price , Service

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Trimurti Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.