American
Take-out
Mexican
Fusion
Gluten-free

Cafe, health center, and event venue. Menu is organic vegan with gluten-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free options. Serves fresh juices, smoothies, desserts, extensive list of entrees and salads. Its rooftop terrace offers views over La Jolla and out to the ocean. Located on the 4th floor of the building, enter next to Pharmaca and follow the signs. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

Venue map for Trilogy Sanctuary
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Mike Weinberg

Vast

Points +253

15 Feb 2024

Very Revitalizing!

The food is really good, all vegan, organic, gluten free and soy/allergen free. Probably also Ayurvedic as it is a yoga center. More expensive than comparable offering a elsewhere and the food servers are a little snooty - as if you might be an untouchable if you don’t do yoga with them. But I wouldn’t let that stop you from enjoying the food!

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-14

Pros: Organic, Gluten free, Allergen free

Cons: Price, Unfriendly , Limited parking

ThomasPriceii

Points +44

05 Jan 2024

Beautiful space

The food was really yummy, I ate there twice so far in my visit. I had the enchiladas and peanut butter cup first and the second had a lavender matcha, blueberry muffin and the eggplant dish the second time! Both meals were super yummy, the eggplant was so unique and different I loved it!
The space is so beautiful and spacious and all the employees were super inviting.
Will definitely be visiting for this place again soon! #Veganuary

Pros: Everything lol

Cons: None that I felt or seen

meribit

Points +172

27 Dec 2023

Unique food experience

Very much liked this alternative place on a roof top terrace.

Pros: Very healthy and fresh food, Indoor and outdoor seating, Nice vibe

I.am.XOA

Points +575

25 Nov 2023

Get the eggplant!

Yum yum! Great atmosphere (a bit chilly on cold days) and delicious food. Had the eggplant dish, nachos, different coffees and teas, all were delicious.

Pros: Food was excellent , Great atmosphere , Good portions

Cons: Prices are high, Staff can be hit or miss for friendliness/vibe

Banangela97

Points +2336

07 Nov 2023

Nice space

I like that everything is organic, gluten free, etc. Nice area and place!

Pros: All vegan, Cute rooftop

avokari

Points +150

07 Oct 2023

Favorite La Jolla find!

I absolutely loved this place! The terasse is very pleasant and colorful and offers a nice view of La Jolla and all the food here is natural, organic, gluten-free and plant-based. There are many healthy, delicious options. I went for the curry and my partner chose a burger with buckwheat bread, we both loved our meals. Smoothies are incredible too! I returned for another one during my trip. Great little find!

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice spot, Delicious food

TheVeganSensei

Points +114

03 Oct 2023

Rooftop Vegan haven in LA Jolla

Large all vegan menu. Unique options and a nice rooftop seating location.

Pros: Large menu, Unique options, Portions are large

Cons: No parking, Pretty expensive

ahimsa4ever

Points +228

18 Aug 2023

Vegan Bliss and Yoga in La Jolla

Lounged on their rooftop for hours on a cool breezy summer day, sipping cacao, eating delicious cookies and food-all healthy whole food, plant based btw. You have yoga and meditation and beautiful little shop and people watching to do… it’s just lovely, a very high-vibe place to be in the middle of beautiful La Jolla.

Sjjk12

Points +1077

29 May 2023

High quality, huge menu

I went to trilogy to not only try their menu, but also one of their legendary aerial yoga classes. They have many different yoga classes they offer and this one in particular was the beginner, which was an absolute blast. This place I would say for the average traveler is definitely a novelty, it’s located in the prestigious La Jolla area and at the top of the price range for food. The food was delicious, for the most part visually held together… (referring to the breakfast burrito I got with a buckwheat wrap that looked like Ethiopian Inerja and feel completely apart… it did not look like a burrito but I wasn’t to confirm it tasted awesome) and the sauces were just delectable. Just to be clear we got the breakfast burrito mentioned, the adoba bowl, and a matcha magic smoothie. Try out a meal or a class!

Pros: Refined sugar free, gluten free, Tasty across a huge menu , Extremely fun yoga classes

Cons: Very expensive

CíntiaS.

Points +66

28 May 2023

Best vegan in San Diego

We loved so much having lunch at the Trilogy Sanctuary that we came back 3 times in the week during our vacations.
The Enticing Eggplant and the Mac and Cheese are perfect!
Kefir soda is also delicious!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Organic , Nice place

CulinaryMedicineMx

Points +48

24 Apr 2023

The best place to really eat Plant-based not ultraprocessed Vegan meal

Great esxperience every time.

Updated from previous review on 2023-04-24

Pros: Lots of fruits, Whole granos, légueme and veggies, Can’t feel the oil if they used any, Not extra sweet or salty

Zombiecynthia

Points +4695

22 Apr 2023

Vegan Oasis Near La Jolla Cove

Haven’t been here since 2017 and I’m happy to report they’re thriving! This place is super cute with greenery/lush plants. For my hardcore vegans - this is your place!

They offer wellness classes and yoga on the rooftop Terrace with lovely views! Today it was super sunny and very busy. Recommend coming before 10AM on the weekend.

This establishment is order/pay first then find your own seating. There’s a small interior w/seating but of course I chose to sit outside to bask in the sun! I ordered the loaded fries w/Kombucha before heading off to The Cove!

Pros: All Vegan/Plant-Based Food (Emphasis on Natural), Connected w/other Sustainable/Wellness Shops, Beautiful Terrace w/Various Styles of Seating

Cons: Small Interior and Can Be Very Busy/Crowded

ElissaBVegan

Points +2377

03 Apr 2023

Huge menu of healthy plant based fare!

Delicious and nutritious! We loved everything we ordered. See my pics.

Pros: 100% vegan , Healthy , Warm and inviting atmosphere

Linzilady17

Points +480

18 Mar 2023

The best of the best

Everything is gluten free …you can find anything that you’re craving and then Some!!

Pros: Everything is vegan , Everything is gluten-free, Everything is delicious

Cons: None!

MelaniaRyś

Points +71

08 Mar 2023

Expensive but tasty

Very nice place for lunch in beautiful area

Pros: Vegan, Rooftop Terrace

Cons: Expensive , No beer

RM12

Points +28

07 Feb 2023

Do not miss an opportunity to go HERE!

This is a magical space with AMAZING food, kind people and just a vibe of beauty. Treat yourself and eat, shop, and enjoy

vegonugs

Points +1506

07 Feb 2023

this place is phenomenal

words cannot describe this place, not only does it have some of the best vegan food i have ever eaten, but it also has yoga classes, gift shop, rooftop terrace, and provides classes and such a beautiful community. i love the vibes here, will be back multiple more times😄

FatherTortuga

Points +34

Vegetarian
16 Jan 2023

Be sure to visit when you're in La Jolla

The food is delicious, but the setting is part of the experience. Go here on a sunny day and enjoy the rooftop experience. If you're vegan, be sure to also visit the Green Door which is right next door.

The help is always so friendly and beautiful. I need to get back here soon.

Pros: creative driinks/juices, super-nice vibe, great atmosphere

garyMLR

Points +63

09 Jan 2023

Holistic Happiness

Awesome place to just “Be” and enjoy a cup of Lavender Tea. Spectacular menu choices for breakfast, lunch or dinner and unbeatable views from the penthouse deck. Our La Jolla “sanctuary” from the tourists and traffic down below.
Came here today for the peanut butter pancakes and was not disappointed.

GoodNewsVeg

Points +313

09 Jan 2023

A Dream Come True

We learned about this place from our waitperson at The Plot in Oceanside. What a find. You've got to walk up a lot of stairs to get there, and when you do, what a pay-off. It's on the roof, some seats have an ocean view, there's a yoga class going on next to the tables, and the food is truly healthful, beautiful, and delicious. It really was my idea of Vegan Heaven. We bought three entrees for two of us, so we could taste more. (Okay, this was the downside, a $60+ lunch). Everything was perfect.

AlixAmu

Points +705

Fruitarian
28 Nov 2022

My go to in La Jolla area

Amazing hidden spot in La Jolla, super healthy… loved the raw options.

Pros: All vegan healthy options

Nikkig124

Points +137

08 Oct 2022

Amazing!

This is one of my go to places when I was a fresh meal. Tacos and enchiladas are amazing.

LourdesMaria

Points +20

30 Sep 2022

We had an exceptional dinner experience. The vibe was fun and welcoming.

This rooftop restaurant has a lot to offer. The food was awesome. The servers were very helpful. The vibe is great. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Servers were fantastic, Food was very delicious

plantbasedgal

Points +449

08 Aug 2022

Enchanting

There is such a calm vibe here. You feel it as soon as the elevator doors open.
As for the food, they don't fool around ...It's all healthy, with gluton free, no refined sugar, organic goodness that I haven't experienced anywhere else.
Service is excellent, too.
My favorite eatery in the San Diego area.

Pros: Extensive menu

kale_and_trail

Points +201

14 Jul 2022

Amazing menu!

This place has one of the most extensive menus I’ve seen at a vegan cafe, and it’s all gluten free, soy free and no refined sugar in addition to entirely vegan. I was truly overwhelmed with choices. I got the miso bowl and it was fresh and delicious

Pros: All vegan and gluten free, TONS of options, Friendly staff

Cons: Pricy

PrinceVegan

Points +66

28 Jun 2022

It Is a Sanctuary

I was visiting San Diego with my son for a soccer tournament. We went for breakfast. I had the breakfast burritos and he had the pancakes. Portions were huge. It’s difficult to make fluffy vegan pancakes but these were. The burrito was flavorful and filling if we had more time in the area we would go back to sample the rest of the menu. The rooftop was very peaceful and relaxing. A true sanctuary!

Updated from previous review on 2022-06-28

Pros: 100% Plant Based, Great peaceful atmosphere

Knoxland

Points +593

23 Jun 2022

On Point

Enjoyed the roof top ambience. The Can't Stop the Beet Burger with Orange Potatoes is good. Not oily, bonus. Many items on the menu. Customer service solid.