Tricky Fish

Contact 304-344-3474

1611 Washington St E, Charleston, West Virginia, USA, 25311

Serves meat, vegan options available. An urban beach shack offers vegetarian items including locally made tofu tacos and veggie dogs; can be made vegan. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by GreggVA

Hey I Got One! - Edit

Tricky Fish is a small restaurant located in Charleston, WV east side located in an urban area just a short walk from the beautiful Capitol building complex. The is no on street parking if you drive but there are spots in the back. The restaurant has a younger, eco vibe to it and has a small seating area and bar in the back which did have a WV micro on tap. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu. Nothing fishy so far.

The menu has two vegetarian dishes (veggie dog and tofu tacos) and several sides that are vegetarian and can be made vegan on request. I opted for two tofu tacos which came with a side for which I chose red beans and rice. Once again on travel, this time for the chemical spill in the Elk River, I delayed gastro gratification until I got back to the hotel.

I decided to try both a soft and hard taco which was no problema when I ordered. The soft taco tortilla was nicely grilled before stuffing with locally made tofu, iceberg lettuce, a little shredded cheese, and some crème fraîche. It was seasoned very nicely and the tofu was spot on. The hard taco was a typical yellow corn shell and filled similarly. I definitely prefer the soft taco. Next came the red beans and rice. Served in a compostable container, as is the green theme with for the utensils, napkins, etc. the dish was very good with enough of a cayenne kick to convert a napkin to a tissue. Well seasoned with a great balance of beans to rice and not a runny mess. Overall a very good meal, I just wish there were more options to choose from. Hopefully they will expand the vegetarian item on the menu. Nonetheless, I will stop in again given the opportunity as this place is all treat and no trick.

Pros: Great food, Nice staff, Fun atmosphere

Cons: Limited vegetarian cuisine

Return to Charleston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tricky Fish closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1233 times since Dec 2012.