Vegan-friendly
Take-out
Mexican
Bakery
Breakfast

Vegetarian restaurant with a trendy atmosphere and full bar, est. since 2013. Menu is seasonal and concise, consisting of snacks, small dishes, and large plates, weekend breakfast. Most items are vegan (all desserts) or have a vegan option. Example of food: seitan milanese, burger, tamales, mushroom ravioloi, and vegan donuts. Beverages include coffee, kombucha, cocktails, wine, and beer. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:30pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-3:00pm.

Venue map for Tree House
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by RunningCUTIE

TerryMackenz

Points +83

05 Aug 2023

Fantastic

Excellent service. Friendly and very knowledgeable wait staff. Food was outstanding! Nice variety of tastes. Excellent quality ingredients.

CorissaMarie

Points +2789

06 Jun 2023

Great food and atmosphere

We loved Tree House! The Chick’n sandwich I ordered was great and the cinnamon roll was giant and delicious. We sat on the patio which was such a great choice. 100% would go back again!

DonaldMcAninch

Points +567

Vegetarian
07 May 2023

Great brunch!

We came with a big group for weekend brunch. Some people got savory dishes and several got the French toast (current special). The servings looked kind of small but ended up being just the right size. It was all delicious!

Amzmaj

Points +40

09 Apr 2023

Bright and cheerful with creative options!

Such a cute spot! The entire menu is vegetarian but is mostly vegan. We came here for brunch and we enjoyed our meals very much. On a future trip, I’d love to return to try the dinner menu.

MartinBaumeister

Points +310

08 Apr 2023

Excellent tasty vegan food

We had a nice dinner here. Brussel sprout salad, Pasta dish, and cheese melt sandwich were outstanding. Most dishes can be made or are gluten free. Not a big menu but excellent food. Everything is vegan to start with. You have the option to add dairy and eggs.

VeganMusicMan

Points +107

29 Mar 2023

So good…

I eat here once a year while traveling for work. I absolutely love it. Great vibe, delicious food. I wish they didn’t have dairy in the house😄but easy to avoid. I’ll be back again this trip.

Pros: Most everything vegan

Cons: Some dairy

ThatsVegayzing

Points +741

19 Mar 2023

Delicious vegan brunch

Vegan brunch and dinner in St. Louis!

Food ****
What a fun brunch! They have cool drinks and yummy interesting brunch options both vegan and vegetarian so great if your whole party isn’t vegan. We got the big tree house breakfast and the chorizo tofu scramble. We got both with tofu and vegan cheddar. Both were delicious! Portions were kind of small but we did feel full after so can’t complain much. We also got a the dirty chai which had rum in it and was very interesting. They also have mimosas and unlimited drip coffee!

Atmosphere ****
Such a cute vibe, clean, fun and cozy!

Service ****
We didn’t have a reservation and the hostess was so kind and made it work for us. Everyone was super friendly. They have so many staff constantly rotating so you get your food super quick, they clear off tables fast, and refill coffee and water without missing a beat.

Price $$
Reasonable pricing for what you get! Under $15 a

Pros: See review

Cons: See review

TanyaSean

Points +85

Vegetarian
19 Mar 2023

Delicious & Upbeat

Service was fantastic, food was phenomenal and inexpensive. We adored Sunday Brunch/lunch.

Pros: All vegetarian or vegan items, Comfortable seating, Excellent staff

Cons: Parking can be difficult.

Tineshawarren

Points +16

22 Jan 2023

awesome vegan vibe

The place was very welcoming #Veganuary

Pros: Lots of vegan options , The staff is so amazing and friendly , The food is delicious 😋

Cons: You not allowed to have dinner food during breakfa

AutumnG

Points +473

13 Dec 2022

Gourmet Vegan Dining!

All the food here looked incredible and wish I could have tried it all. I tried the maitake mushrooms, crab rangoon, wild mushroom stuffed ravioli, carrot cake, bread pudding, and lemon meringue parfait. Wow oh wow! I have no words for how amazing the food, staff, and atmosphere was! Can't recommend this place enough!

I love that everything was vegan by default even though they offer vegetarian options!

Pros: Tons of vegan options, Vegan by default, Gluten free options

Cons: A little pricey

AustinSimms

Points +538

13 Dec 2022

Top-Rated Spot for a Reason

I went to the Tree House in St Louis and it was absolutely phenomenal! It's a vegetarian restaurant with everything vegan by default. We got maitake mushrooms, crab Rangoon, and a whole lot more. The service was exceptional and the food was some of the fanciest I've ever seen!

Pros: Unique and delicious vegan options

Cons: Prices can add up

Bosky’sVeganGrill

Points +32

21 Nov 2022

Amazing Brunch!

We had the vegan b&g’s, a cinnamon roll, and a fantastic special covered in chili. Fantastic food and service!

TanyaL

Points +93

12 Nov 2022

Delicious food & Very Accomodating

Great service and

Pros: Accomodated oil free option request , Very friendly , Great atmosphere

ayoung03

Points +222

28 Oct 2022

My absolute favorite!

Tree House is my favorite restaurant in St. Louis — and maybe my favorite anywhere! I’ve never had a dish I disliked. I’ve tried the krab cakes, krab rangoons, brussels sprout salad, jackfruit tinga sopes, sweet corn hush puppies, jambalaya, maitake mushroom dish, Beyond burger, brunch, cinnamon roll, and lemon meringue parfait.

Pros: Delicious food, Great service

JaredBrown

Points +18

29 Aug 2022

Simply Amazing 🔥

Top 5 restaurants I’ve ever been to.

a_ruva

Points +262

16 Jun 2022

Yum

One of my favorite vegan spots. The food is good, it’s always a good vibe, and the staff are always friendly. My favorite is the mushroom ravioli.

zeyumwang

Points +374

15 Jun 2022

Completely vegan by default now

Pasta is good, they also have a crab Rangoon which is pretty unique, overall very good

clh1313

Points +140

27 May 2022

Veganza - vegan extravaganza

This place is on Grand Ave amongst a variety of different restaurants. Dishes all served as vegan. Nice drink creative drink menu. Sangria was good. Had maitake mushroom dish and ravioli dish which were both good. The stand out dish was the carrot cake. A must try!

Pros: Service was attentive and friendly , All dishes made vegan , Atmosphere

emkayess2

Points +83

28 Apr 2022

Never had a bad meal here

We’ve been in for lunch, dinner and brunch and it’s always delicious. It’s my go-to for omnivorous guests, too.

Pros: Great menu, Pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Need reservations so you have to plan ahead

grandpaprika

Points +234

04 Apr 2022

Brunch!

Vegan brunch!!! Tofu Benedict!

PreciousHarris

Points +44

18 Mar 2022

I had the pasta it was Amazing and creamy. Definitely coming back.

It was small and intimate. Friendly environment

Pros: Customer service , Atmosphere , Friendly

ddmartin

Points +74

19 Feb 2022

Vegan comfort

Vegan items on menu, others can be made vegan. Great flavors, excellent service.

Tigra220

Points +10220

16 Feb 2022

New Found Love

All prior issues have been forgiven and forgotten. I now frequent Treehouse whenever I’m in town and have a plethora of new favorites. From the Katsu Fried Chicken, Brussels sprouts salad, Treehouse salad, chorizo scramble, crab cakes, hush puppies, pancakes, that humongous cinnamon roll, and much more! Food is consistently delicious and orders are typically accurate. Don’t forget dessert!

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-09

Pros: Mostly vegan, Cool vibes and decor

Cons: small; they may need to expand

CarriBaum

Points +77

05 Jan 2022

My Favorite Restaurant Ever!

I have never had anything short of the most delicious food from here. I have gone at least 10 times and I go every year for my birthday. It’s so good!

Pros: Everything is vegan!!, Food is inventive and flavorful, The atmosphere and staff are amazing!

Cons: On the pricer side but worth it, Can be busy, highly recommend reservations

tayaesch

Points +337

22 Nov 2021

Tree House Vegetarian Restaurant is one of my new favorites!

It’s called vegetarian restaurant but everything on the menu is prepared vegan unless you specify that you want things made as their vegetarian option. I don’t usually miss too many non-vegan foods but I used to really like crab rangoons which I haven’t had since going vegan…until tonight! Their vegan krab rangoons were really good and were kind of nostalgic. I really enjoyed all of the food, cocktails and atmosphere. I will definitely be going back!

Updated from previous review on 2021-11-22

Pros: Everything is automatically prepared vegan , Delicious cocktails, Unique dinner specials like krab rangoons

Cons: A little pricey but the food is worth it!

sageisnotaplant

Points +156

19 Nov 2021

Love it!

Great for vegans! The food is delicious, in my opinion. Though, some omnivore people I know were kind of disappointed by the food. It is also kind of pricey.

Updated from previous review on 2021-09-02

Pros: So many vegan options, Delicious food

Cons: Non vegans may not like it, Kind of expensive

wiichess

Points +341

17 Oct 2021

Amazing food and staff

Easily the best food I had in St. Louis. The staff is very friendly and attentive too. Relaxing place to slow down and enjoy something delicious.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff , Atmosphere

Cons: A bit out of the way if you are in downtown