Tree House

Contact 314-696-2100

3177 S Grand Blvd, St Louis, Missouri, USA, 63118

Vegetarian restaurant with a trendy atmosphere and full bar, opened Jun 2013. Menu is seasonal and small, consisting of snacks, small plates, and large plates. Most items are vegan (all desserts) or have a vegan option.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine

First Review by RunningCUTIE

Great dinner - Edit

Tree House is a lovely restaurant, with simple decor and delicious food. We had the charcuterie board, banh bao chay dumplings as appetizers, and the wild mushroom stuffed ravioli (vegan cheese is extra), seitan katsu and a paella. The revioli and katsu were excellent. Dessert was a chocolate mousse. This is a very welcome restaurant.

disappointing - Edit

My husband and I were super excited to try this place but honestly, I doubt we will ever go back. He had the vegan burger with the house made cheeze sauce and I had the blt type sandwich. Both of our bread/buns were super greasy, his burger was not a burger but was some faux meat product that resembled bologna, his cheeze sauce wasn't tasty and all in all it was just disappointing. It seemed like the flavors were very bland and they opened faux meat packages and just put them right on the buns to serve with some oil and sauce.

However, the place is super cool and has some interesting artwork and a good selection of wine and beers. And the waitress was very nice.

Love the place - Edit

This is where we come for a grown up dinner. The menu is varied and eclectic, and there's always something for everyone here. Their mushroom ravioli is simply amazing, and I don't like pasta. The cocktails tend to be on the sweet side is my only complaint. A great date night in a fun modern atmosphere.

Pros: vegan! , eclectic menu, chef/owner really cares

fantastic! was w non vegan friend who LOVED it - Edit

The food, presentation, service, and price point were all exceptional! Our server was so nice. Very attentive without being overbearing. The food came out plated beautifully - presentation really added to our overall experience. Last but not least the food was absolutely amazing. So good in fact that I didn't get pictures of it all. Cra cakes : A++. Charcuterie board:A++. Ravioli with cream sauce: off the charts. Also really enjoyed the fried beets. Oh. And the truffles were to die for. Perfect! Can't believe how good the prices are too. Very good choice for vegan (we had all vegan). We were thrilled with selection!

Pros: food options for vegans, presentation, taste and t

Love this place - Edit

One of our favorites in STL. The hash is my all time favorite. Food is always so delicious and the plates are put together beautifully. This is our favorite brunch place. Most plates can be made vegan.

Wonderful - Edit

I ate the most wonderful wild mushroom raviolis with cashew creme, grilled brussel sprouts.
I was closing my eyes to taste the meltingly soft ravioli pasta.

French :

Je recommande fortement aux végétarien.nes et vegan.es, en particulier la soupe de champignons sauvages et les raviolis aux mêmes champignons à la crème de cajou.Beau bar également pour des cocktails qui semblent avoir beaucoup de style.

Pros: Excellent food, Fair price, Friendly staff

The brunch is disappointing - Edit

I ordered the tree house big breakfast, and it was not very big. The sausage patties were good, but the tofu instead of 2 eggs was two thin slices of tofu fried without any seasoning. I was expecting a tofu scramble or at least something with some flavor. The breakfast potatoes and pancake where ok.
It was the most expensive item on the brunch menu but the most disappointing meal on the table.
Other than that the tree house burger was ok and of good size.
The tree house cuban was good.
We also ordered freshly squeezed OJ that came towards the end of the meal, and it is not like the food came quickly at all. But when it finally came it was chilled and delicious.
I hope the evening menu will be better.

The place itself is really nice and clean.

Snazzy place to have great food! - Edit

I love Tree House. The vegan cheese plate is wonderful (package that stuff for retail sales!) the cocktails are fun and beautifully presented.
I feel like I miss out on hip foodie places because I am vegan, but this place is cool and a safe place to bring your carnivorous/omnivorous friends and family for a real meal out. Everything I've had has been delicious (blueberry cheesecake! Holy cow!) I wish they'd update their menu online more often, but that's just nit-picking.
Updated from previous review on Saturday January 24, 2015

Pros: great food, chic atmosphere, usually great, attentive staff

Cons: can get a little loud

Delicious Food & Nice Peole - Edit

This place is fantastic! We had brunch there today. They have some of the best pancakes ever! The sausage is SO good! And the doughnuts were insanely delicious! When we come to St Louis we will definitely come back!

unique - Edit

Menu with unique options but all the favorites. Fresh squeezed juices. Great friendly staff. And don't forget the cinnamon roll to go! Such a great experience!

Pros: variety, great service

Great Vegan Options And Nice Ambience - Edit

The food tasted even better than the menu descriptions sounded (and they sounded delicious!) I recommend the stuffed eggplant-- it's mixed with leeks, potatoes, and fennel, covered with pecans, and served on tasty couscous. For dessert, the chocolate truffles are incredible.
Updated from previous review on Friday July 25, 2014

Pros: Delicious, Friendly,Helpful Staff, Attractive Decor

Cons: Parking

Good food. Questionable service. - Edit

This place is very vegan friendly. For this, I am very grateful. The menu is small, but creative. This is not your average veggie joint. The food I ordered was fresh and flavorful, but it took a long time and my entree came out with my starter. I sat for a rather long time after I finished my meal, waiting to order dessert and, once the waiter finally showed up, he came with the check. In fairness, I think he was the only waiter and the place had a good crowd, so my experience may be an anomaly rather than the norm.

Pros: Very vegan friendly, Creative menu, Good food

Cons: Bad service, Small menu

Nice Upscale Vegan Dining - Edit

I have been to Tree House a couple times now, and will definitely go back, although probably for special occasions only. The menu is rather small, most items are vegan or can be vegan, and it is a bit pricey, especially for the portions that are received. That being said,I really appreciate having an all vegetarian place in St. Louis that is appropriate for a date or other special night. In terms of drinks, they have some tasty cocktails, but avoid the Sante Maria verde Bloody Mary. It was definitely not great, but the Rhubarb Ricky was delicious! In terms of food, the johnny cakes small plate, the brussels sprouts salad, the jambalaya, and the roasted duck were all quite tasty.

Pros: Mostly Vegan, Great Date Spot, Tasty Food

Cons: Small Portions, Pricey, Small Menu

can't wait to go back! - Edit

So many options it was nearly impossible to choose! Decided to order family style and couldn't resist ordering the bread pudding. Wait staff really friendly, had great beer/wine choices including a nice happy hour (5-7pm).

Definitely Worth a Stop! - Edit

Had brunch on Sunday morning: best coffee (Goshen) I have had in a restaurant in a long time. Have vegan/vegetarian alternatives beyond the usual, with a creative, outside of the box menu. Nice portions as well--just perfect, and attractively served. Friendly staff and whimsical wallpaper:) All in all, a winner.

Pros: Inventive use of flavors, Friendly, quick service, Good local ingredients

Cons: Music a bit on the loud side

amazing! - Edit

What a treat! We just ate there tonight and I had to review ASAP! My husband and I split the vegan cheese plate, which was divine! All three cheeses were amazing: the Gouda was our favorite! We both got the street tacos too, which we loved! The chorizo ones were the best! Definitely a new favorite place! I'm hopeful they will expand their menu too! I would highly recommend checking this out-we loved it!!!

Pros: delicious and creative food, great atmosphere, creative drinks

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tree House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5367 times since Jul 2013.