Tree House

84-435849

Calle Huanacaure 105, Aguas Calientes, Peru

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fusion restaurant serving Peruvian and international cuisine, with a vegetarian menu on the chalkboard, plus other lacto-veg options. At least one item is vegan by design (roasted vegetable plate), and others can be prepared vegan on request. English is spoken. Located a block northeast of Plaza Manco Capac (the main square) in Macchupicchu Pueblo (a.k.a. Aguas Calientes), down an alley and up a long flight of stairs. Look for the signs on the buildings on the northeast side of the plaza and then follow the signs down the alley and up the steps. Not wheelchair-accessible. NOTE: Offers lamb on their menu. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Beer/Wine, Asian, Fusion, Pervian, Latin American, Non-veg

First Review by earthville

Food just like home! - Edit

It had been a while since I had a meal as good as this one! I ordered the veggie sandwich made vegan (without cheese), it was cooked and seasoned to perfection. I enjoyed it so much I went back the following night for another one! I can also recommend their limonada which became a favourite to drink while I was in Peru

Pros: English speaking , Clear vegan options and more that can easily be ma

Great vegetarian/vegan options - Edit

I came here right after visiting Machu Picchu. I asked someone on the main square for directions, as I did not have a good map for Aguas Calientes and the map on the happy cow app did not work. It was really not far from the main square though, in a narrow street up some very steep stairs.

I was happy to find such a nice looking place with plenty of vegetarian and (clearly indicated) vegan options. I had the veggie pasta, roasted veg in creamy white wine sauce, which tasted great. Not cheap, but then Aguas Calientes is an expensive village because of Machu Picchu.

Worth climbing all the stairs!

Has vegetarian menu & vegan options - Edit

Tucked around a corner and up a flight of stairs as it is, Tree House is a bit hard to find but worth the effort for those seeking a quality meal in an otherwise tourist-trap environment.

There is a vegetarian menu on the chalkboard, plus a few veggie items on the paper menu. The only item during my visit (Sep '16) that was vegan by design was a roasted vegetable plate, which was exceptionally well prepared and very satisfying (see the photo I uploaded for the beautiful presentation). They were also willing to veganize other dishes.

They claim to use organic ingredients, which is another plus.

Friendly service, including a visit from the chef to discuss vegan options.

Enjoy!

Return to Aguas Calientes Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tree House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.