First Review by samanthamuffin

Beware of the Vegan Ice Cream - Edit

After enjoying this place multiple times, when we saw the 'Swedish Fish' vegan ice cream, and knowing that Swedish Fish is NOT vegan, we inquired about their ingredients. The sugar is regular white sugar and is not vegan. Swedish Fish are also not vegan and are used for flavor. We brought these issues to the attention of the manager that day and she dismissed our concern. We also sent an email via their web site which was ignored. If you are a strict vegan, I would avoid until management has a more rigorous definition of vegan ice cream.

Cons: Mislabeled vegan

Best Vegan Ice Cream - Edit

Made from rice milk and always delicious, there isnt a non dairy ice cream I love more. I wish theyd start doing coconut milk flavors as well because I cant imagine how amazing it would be then. The flavors change often, and ive had everything from avocado chocolate chip to mexican chocolate, and their sorbets are a must try as well.

Pros: Flavors, Rice Milk, Tasty

Cons: Wish It Was Coconut Milk

good, but not completely satisfying - Edit

I had no idea this place had vegan options until I read about it on this website. I have been a couple times. They always have two vegan choices. The flavors I can remember are the Mexican chocolate and the peanut butter and jelly. The flavors were good, but I think the "ice cream" is made with rice milk, which is more icy and less creamy. It is good to stop by sometimes just to experience the unusual flavors, but I would rather eat soy or almond or coconut milk ice creams from the grocery store.
Updated from previous review on Sunday June 23, 2013

Pros: Unusual flavors, Two vegan options all times

Cons: Not 100% satisfying texture

Nice Surprise - Edit

My husband has loved Treat Dreams since they first opened, but they just recently started serving vegan flavors, so I was finally able to give them a try. They change their flavors weekly. Check out their Facebook page to see what they are currently serving.

When we went in, they had vegan Pina Colada and vegan Mexican Chocolate. I sampled them both and really liked both the flavors. The Mexican Chocolate was very rich, so I went with a scoop of the Pina Colada. It was really tasty. There were chunks of pineapple and coconut strewn throughout. One scoop was $2.80, so I think it's a bargain.

I will definitely be back, and I suggest you give it a try, too!

Pros: Inexpensive , Great flavors

Cons: Many of the ice creams have meat in them

Return to Ferndale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Treat Dreams closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 995 times since Jul 2011.