Treadwell

( 1 review )
905-934-9797

114 Queen St, Niagara On The Lake, Ontario, Canada, L0S 1J0

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small, farm-to-table concept restaurant with a wine bar. Offers dishes using primarily local ingredients. Menus are not veg but if you call ahead, and kitchen will be able to accommodate veg/vegan diners. Open Mon 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Western, Beer/Wine, Canadian, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by ElleJohanna

Good vegan options and helpful staff - Edit

My husband and I visited Niagara on the Lake this past weekend and had planed to have dinner at a local restaurant that was unfortunately closed. A woman in one of the shops we visited was vegan and recommended we try Treadwell. We popped in at around 5:30 on a Saturday, and they were kind enough to get us in before their busy time around 7:30. The menu indicates that they can provide vegan options and after speaking briefly with the chef, the man who greeted us gave us two options for each appetizers and main course. As it is a farm to table concept I suspect the menu changes frequently, but my husband got a parsnip soup, I got a mushroom salad, and we both had the mushroom risotto for the main. For dessert they had sorbet made in house. All of the courses were delicious, and the mushrooms were very good quality. They also served house made bread with oil and vinegar which was very tasty.
We sat at the bar which looks onto an open kitchen, which was interesting to see. Our server was very kind and all the staff seemed to understand veganism. It was very cozy on a cool night, and looks like it opens up a patio in the summer which would be pleasant.
We enjoyed the food and were glad to have a high-quality vegan option on our trip!

Pros: Good vegan options , Nice ambiance , Kind and helpful staff

Cons: Expensive , Most other customers eating meat etc

Return to Niagara On The Lake Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Treadwell closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.