Contact n/a

Avenida O'Higgins 311 (at Fresia, IX Region), Pucon, Chile,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Feb 2013 update, this place is no longer as vegan-friendly as was before. The only vege options are side vegetables, salad requested without cheese, and quinoa (though not always available). At breakfast there is fresh juice, coffee, granola, fruit and yogurt, and whole wheat bread. Lively atmosphere. Open .

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by JackM

Changed theme - Edit

Trawen was apparently once a mostly vegetarian restaurant, but no longer. However, it is now better than it used to be in terms of quality of cooking, but it is mostly meat. I am a vegetarian and went there this week (December, 2011). They had a vegetarian soup, which I was satisfied was in fact vegetarian, and it was excellent, with vegetables and a dollop of mashed potatoes and pesto in the middle. I also had a very good salad, especially after I squeezed lemon on it, put some salt and pepper, and dressed it myself. The bread was good, and I left happy. That is sort of the best you can hope for while traveling around Chile. Although please note there are now three veggie options here, and Ecole is very good. Goa, indian food, is very new, but looks to be very promising.

Pros: Generally a good cook, Will make things to order for you, know how to use spices and herbs

Cons: mostly meat dishes

Not really vegetarian - Edit

I went to this restaurant while in Pucon recently and have to say that it's not vegetarian and not really "veg friendly" either.
Like most restaurants in that part of the world there was meat on every item on the menu for every meal except for the granola on the breakfast menu and they'd run out of granola so it was a bust all round.
I'm sure I could have asked for a meat meal minus the meat but I think in the spirit of Happy Cow this place should be removed from the list because it doesn't really meet any of the criteria and people such as myself might go there only to find it's not what it claims to be.
Other than that it's a pleasant enough place but you'd want to enjoy your steak to feel comfortable ordering a meal there.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good location

Cons: Not vegetarian, Over-priced

Return to Pucon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trawen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 433 times since Aug 2007.