CLOSED: Trattoria Ponte Verde

Contact 015737365570

Kirchhofstr. 41, Berlin, Germany, 12055

Vegetarian Italian food menu with pizza, pasta, and wine. Vegan antipasti, pasta, and pizza possible. In Old Neuköln (Rixdorf). DEC 2015 REPORTED SHUT WEB GONE.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by J-Veg

Good pizza and great service. - Edit

Really good vegan pizza and pasta, waitress looked rushed off her feet as it looked like an unexpectedly busy Tuesday evening, she was superb throughout, tolerated and smiled at my basic German.
Would definitely come again.

Pros: FRIENDLY SERVICE, VEGAN PIZZA

Cons: Grumpy pizza chef

Organic Vegan Pizza & Italian food. - Edit

Trattoria Ponte Verde serves organic Vegan Pizza & Italian food with great service. The pizza has a perfect crust and in my opinion Trattoria Ponte Verde is equal to and in some cases better than Sfizy. The restaurant is spacious and you can stretch out and relax (compared to most places in Berlin it feels super comfortable.) Well rounded, tightly focused menu with great desserts.

Located in Neukölln- it may seem this neighborhood is a bit out of the way- Trattoria Ponte Verde is conveniently located across the street from Cafe Vux (Vegan Restaurant) and 100 meters from Dr. Pogo Vegan Collective. Easily reached by both S+U Bahn. Your effort in exploring this part of Berlin will be amply rewarded with great vegan food.

Pros: Organic, Great crust, Spacious and relaxed

Chocolate mousse - Edit

The menu was in German, but all the vegan dishes were clearly marked. I had the spinach tagliatelle and my friend and her 3 year old had the spaghetti bolognese. Both dishes were pretty good, but nothing amazing.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was laid back. It was a kid friendly place too. The waiter brought out a child's seat that could be attached to the regular seats.

We had the vegan chocolate mousse for dessert. This was amazingly tasty and sweet and good.

Pros: Many vegan options, Friendly staff, Inexpensive

Nice, but not spectacular - Edit

Trattoria Ponte Verde is a nice restaurant and it has plenty of vegan options, which is great. However, the food itself is pretty unremarkable. I had a mushroom pizza with vegan cheese and it was all fine, but a wee bit oily, and generally on a par with what you'd get from a chain like Pizza Express. My boyfriend had the four seasons and was unimpressed with the mock meat. It's fine, but I wouldn't make a special trip there.

Pros: Lots of choice

Cons: Pizza a bit oily

Nice place, that's it - Edit

I went there to have a pizza, they hadn't any because it was "too early".. It was 1 o'clock in the afternoon, I mean, isn't it supposed to be a restaurant? I had a warm dish, was really good though, but to many things listed on the menu were not available at the time. The waitress was absolutely lovely though!

Pros: vegan options, lovely palce, very friendly staff

Cons: not so many GF options, almost nothing available at the time

Vegan pizza - Edit

I rarely eat all vegan food unless I make it myself since there's always that something that doesn't quite taste right. I absolutely adored the "tuna" pizza I got from Trattoria Ponte Verde last night and I also tasted my friends pizza (unfortunately I don't remember what it was) and it was just as amazing. The food tastes like it should and the surroundings are quite nice. Atmosphere was friendly and I had a lovely time!

Pros: Mock meats taste almost real, Atmosphere

what a great place!! - Edit

i have been vegan for the last 10 years and gave up pizza long time ago...until me and my friends had the good luck to come to eat this amazing vegan pizza. the service is great, the place is very sweet and it is organic!! we love it and come almost every weekend.

italian food - Edit

we ate a pizza and lasagne here, both vegan. the food is presented nice. the pizza was ok, with vegan cheese. lasagne was honestly a bit disappointing, it was not very tasty, had no vegetables in it (only tomatosauce and fake meat) and was actually not hot when they served it. prices were reasonable.

Pros: vegan cheese

Cons: food not hot

Delicious vegan pizza - Edit

My husband and I had a great meal here last night. The restaurant is light, bright and clean and the staff were very friendly throughout. I'm vegan and enjoyed my first ever 4 stagioni, complete with 2 different types of vegan meat and vegan cheese. The base, sauce and toppings were perfect and the whole pizza was delicious. My husband loves pizza and was more than satisfied with his veggie diavolo- very spicy! We finished with a vegan cheesecake and strawberry cake- both excellent but huge portions. My tip- after a huge pizza, share a dessert!

Pros: Great staff, Delicious authentic Italian pizza, Loads of vegan options

Cons: The area was quiet, even on a Saturday night

Nice pizza with veg meats - Edit

This is the only place I know in Berlin where you can get pizza with veg. fake meats. Very tasty. 8 EU for a pizza is not unusual in a good Italian restaurant, but I wish the prices were slightly lower. I didn't find the staff very friendly, but also not terribly unfriendly.

Very tasty pizza. - Edit

I was very positively surprised with this restaurant. Having read the first review and other reviews on qype, I didn't expect very much. The restaurant is very spacious and has quite a modern feel about it yet still feels cosy and comfortable. The waiter was very friendly and accommodating, helping us with the baby seat and us moving to a different table.
We both ordered the vegan PonteVerde pizza which was absolutely delicious, perfect crust and super tasty "cheese", we liked it even more than the pizza in Sfizy Veg. The vegan dessert that day was strawberry cheese cake which was also very tasty indeed.
The prices were also quite alright with a rich pizza for around 7€ considering that most ingredients are organic.
I will definitely recommend this place to others and come back as well.

Pros: Mostly organic ingredients, Very attentive staff, Nice atmosphere

Nice little Italian restaurant - Edit

I was here shortly after it opened with my wife and we both had a pizza. It was good that there was the option of having vegan ''cheese'' and vegan ''meat'' products, but I personally prefer pizza without any cheese and only the topping as the ''cheese'' wasn''t that tasty and dominated the flavour of the pizza. The pizza bases were really good, however. We also had a small starter of mixes salad/vegetables and that was quite good.

They also served a small variety of pasta dishes (of course!), salads, tarts, and cakes and had a good selection of wine and beer. I would say that the food is average value for Berlin.

The atmosphere was somewhere in between a restaurant and a cafe and there there was plenty of outside seating. The restaurant itself is located in a nice part of Neukolln near Rixdorf and is conveniently located accross the road from the ever popular Cafe Vux.

Pros: Nice location, Choice of vegan

Cons: cheese and meat

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Trattoria Ponte Verde closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3046 times since Aug 2012.