Trattoria Enzo e Piero

Contact +39-055214901

via Faenza 105/r, Florence, Italy, 50123

Serves meat, vegan options available. Multi-generation family operated trattoria serving typical Tuscan and Florentine dishes in historic downtown. Incorporates labeled vegetarian and vegan items in into its menu with soups like pappa al pomodoro, ribolitta and white bean Tuscan farro, and pasta like kale pesto. Has whole-wheat sedanini pasta in a housemade seitan ragu, vegan dinner salad with sprouts and natural yeast shavings, and entrees of stewed organic soy with spices and veggies and stuffed cabbage rolls; vegan cakes like the schiacciato con l'uva (a pastry with fresh local grapes in the fall) and a vegan castagnaccio (their adaptation of a reginal classic chestnut cake) during the winter months. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 7:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Emisgoodeating

Yummy! - Edit

Was looking for a place near my airbnb to satisfy both my meat loving family and myself and found this Trattoria. I had the tuscan white bean soup and the black cabbage pesto pasta and both were very tasty. Decent prices, too!

Pros: good portions, clearly labeled food, friendly staff

Cons: not many options

Traditional Tuscan Cuisine - Edit

This was a lovely restaurant for a traditional Florentine meal that included labeled vegan options. The vegan options were a little limited, however, the atmosphere and wonderful staff really make you feel welcome. There might be other more "robust" vegan options in the town, but if you want to say you experienced a traditional Tuscan trattoria and ate an "authentic" meal, then I would highly recommend trying this place out, it was the best pasta I've ever tasted.

Pros: Authentic/Traditional, Reasonably Priced, Good Atmosphere

Cons: needs more vegan options, serves meat

A lovely place! - Edit

A very lovely place to eat! I want there with my non-vegan family and everyone had a wonderful time. You can clearly see which dishes are vegan and vegeterian.
We tried all the soups on the menu (all vegan) - the tomato soup and the toscan soup were great, but I would skip the vegetable soup since it was pretty simple.
I also tried the vegan ragu - it didn't blow me away but it was very tasty. If I were to come back, I would try the pesto pasta but sadly I'm leaving Florence.
Overall, great experience and good service!

traditional Italian food vegan style - Edit

absolutely delicious. we came back every night during our stay. so we ended up trying all vegan things on the menu. owner is vegetarian, his daugther is vegan. so any vegetarian dishes could be adjusted to be fully plant based. very friendly staff

Nice dining experience - Edit

The restaurant is located in a side street in Florence, not far from the train station Santa Maria Novella.
The restaurant opens at 7 PM, so take that into account.
There were not a lot of people in the restaurant, and the quiet street contrasted with the bustling city of Florence. Has outdoor seating.
Vegan/vegetarian options are clearly marked on the menu.
The restaurant is a trattoria, which means it serves traditional Tuscan food.
As a first course I took the pappa al pomodoro, a tomato soup with bread, which was delicious. The portions are of good sizes; not too large but not too small either.
For the main course I took ragú with chard, it was very tasty. As a side dish I took the fried potatoes, they were nice but a bit too salty.
Overall it was a very nice dinner for a fair price, for approx. €15-25 per person.
The restaurant does, sadly enough, not serve vegan desserts so I recommend getting some vegan ice cream at 'Perche Nò?'. They have a lot of flavours and also soy, almond, and rice based ice cream. Link:https://www.happycow.net/reviews/perche-no-florence-30280

Pros: Veg options are marked on menu, Tasty traditional cusine, Outdoor seating, good location

Cons: sells meat, diary and eggs

lovely dinner - Edit

As the restaurant was close to our hotel, we arrived for dinner at 8pm, thinking that was still early enough, but the place was packed. Even though we didn't have a reservation, they found a table for us. We ended up chatting with the British couple next to us, so the atmosphere was very friendly and warm. We ordered a very reasonably priced bottle of rose which was lovely on a hot day. The vegan items are clearly marked on the menu, but the waiter (owner?) confirmed with us that we were vegan. We started with two very Tuscan soups, pappa al pomodoro and ribbilito. Both just absolutely delicious. We also shared the zucchini pesto pasta and gnocchi, also delicious. We were too full for dessert, but overall, the evening was just lovely.

Pros: good vegan options, nice atmosphere

Cons: sells meat, dairy and eggs

Lovely lunch - Edit

Ate lunch there a week ago, the day we were going back home. Lovely family run place, friendly english speaking staff. Vegan and vegetarian dishes clearly marked on the menu. Reasonably priced, outside seating.

I ordered stuffed tomatoes and my husband had pasta with truffle. Everything tasted divine!
Unfortunately they didn't have the chestnut cake dessert which I came for, as it obviously belongs to their winter menu. Had a home made pannacotta instead. Unusual consistency, softer as the kind of pudding we are used to, but tasted lovely.

Overall a nice place! Will surely come again when in Florence.

Pros: food, location, price

Cons: none

Excellent food w a very good vegan selection - Edit

Very friendly, family run restaurant in the heart of the historic centre in a very lively part of town. Hesitant at first to go in because we didn't see anyone in, but we were wrong! There were loads of people, you just couldn't see them unless you stepped in. Food was excellent. had the classic pappa al pomodoro, followed by sedani (a type of pasta) w spiced sei tan and then Swiss chard. We were too full for dessert but the vegan chestnut cake looked so good. Vegan dishes are clearly marked. They source local olive oil and are great at making suggestions for food and wine. Excellent English if your Italian isn't up to it.

Pros: Good food, Good service, Good prices

Cons: Serves meat

Return to Florence Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trattoria Enzo e Piero closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.