Tranquilo Santorini

• Veg-friendly
Contact 22860-85230

Beach Rd., Perissa, Santorini, Greece, 84703

Serves meat, vegan options available. Beach bar restaurant with a chilled out atmosphere with hammocks, sun beds and umbrellas. Uses fresh local produce. Serves many vegan slow food dishes. Salads of generous portions are on the menu. Holds yoga classes. Live music, art exhibitions. Open 9:30am-Late.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Greek, Non-veg

First Review by kbrooksby

mostly fake - Edit

They claim to have plenty of vegan options. Well, when I informed them that I am alergic to animal proteins and would sue them if I got any reaction, suddenly nothing was vegan anymore. The burger has butter in it, the falafel eggs, etc. etc.
In the end, I ate a salad and when paying didn't even get receipt, meaning they don't declare my meal with the state. Vegan-unfriendly and tax fraudster. Definitely a place to avoid!

Cons: Little vegan food, Tax fraudsters

not great - Edit

Ordered a salad and specifically asked them to not include the cheese and mayo listed on the menu. My salad came out with both on top and when I brought this up with a waitress, she stared at it, said 'give it to me' and took it away. Another guy came out later with a new salad, but did not say a word to me. I was unhappy that they didn't even provide any explanation or apology. Their English is not great.

a lot of vegan options! - Edit

First of all I would have rated this restaurant with five stars but happy cow allows a perfect tasting only for vegetarian restaurants...
So, this place is really unique in Santorini. Not only they know what vegan is, they also have a lot of options (what we tasted was perfect) and even explain how they could change vegetarian dishes to vegan ones if you want.
Next to this, the beach is beautiful and the place is very relaxed.

Non male, da considerare - Edit

Più unici che rari in tutta Santorini.
Abbiamo mangiato discretamente, porzioni abbondanti e prezzi onesti. il posto è carino, cameriere un po' distratte ma simpatiche, Wi-Fi non presente. Comunque a Santorini i vegani mangiano male ovunque, manca ancora la cultura.

Good veggie food - Edit

The menu is mostly veggie friendly with many vegan options, the salads are huge and if you can't finish it they will wrap it up to take home. I had the garden salad (minus feta) and it was delicious. The staff all speak good English and are very friendly and helpful. definitely recommend.

GREAT vegan choices, nice laid-back atmosphere - Edit

Our waitress instantly pointed out all the (numerous) vegan options on the menu. Fabulous veggie burger, amazing "gigante" bean dish, and awesome, huge salads. Great atmosphere - very laid back and definitely catering to backpackers, longtime travelers etc with the background music of Bob Marley and other familiar songs. You MUST have at least one meal at this place if you are visiting Santorini; it's one of the few places where the entire staff understands perfectly what the words "vegan" and "vegetarian" mean, and their dishes deliver.

Pros: Delicious food, Huge portions, Easy laid-back atmosphere

Amazing food - Edit

Absolutely in love with their food! I was there in August and found them by accident (they were not on happycow at the time). Very friendly staff, great atmosphere and most importantly amazing food. Very large portions too, which I was very happy about because I have a big appetite.
Even though we only had four days on Santorini we went two days in a row and I would have went four days if only I had found them earlier. You have to try the bean stew if it's available, it's a traditional Greek dish but I forgot the name (should have written the review when I went, sorry).

Edit: Apparently I can only give four cows because this is a non-vegetarian restaurant. Silly rule if you ask me? The place is very friendly towards vegetarians and vegans, more veggie than meat dishes if I remember correctly.

Pros: Big portions, Friendly staff, Great Food

Return to Santorini Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tranquilo Santorini closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2900 times since Sep 2013.