Trang Viet Cuisine

Contact 813-979-1464

1524 E Fowler Ave (at BB Downs), Tampa, Florida, USA, 33612

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual dinner atmosphere featuring some vegetable/vegetarian dishes. Uses wheat gluten to simulate traditional meat dishes. Hosts a monthly vegetarian buffet. Near USF.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by gallo39

five stars! - Edit

I have been coming here for over a decade now. They have always served wonderful vegan meals. They pretty much have a vegan version of everything that's on their meat menu. There's over 50 vegan options including appetizers to desserts! I would highly recommend this place to everyone. It's a place everyone can enjoy.

Vegan apetizers, soups, entrees, and desserts! - Edit

Friendly staff, great sitting space and huge deliciouse vegan section in their menu!! doesn't get any better than that.

Pros: Cheap, clean, and tasty

Cons: none so far.

Wonton Soup - Edit

I have one word for you....no wait 3. VEGAN WONTON SOUP. omg it's so good. We go here all the time and I get the summer rolls and this soup. Everything is good but this is my fave. My son likes the vegan pho best. We go for the buffet once a month too. Also, vegan carrot cake!!

Tasty food - Edit

I visited Trang Viet Cuisine for the vegan buffet they offer once a month. I enjoyed the food, which was tasty and the family that runs it is very pleasant and welcoming. The inside of the restaurant is nicely presented. My concern with Trang was that after eating there, I read the inspection by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation. I hope the new owners will address the issues that the Department found and have few issues during the next inspection.

4 page ALL VEGAN Menu - Edit

Awesome! Went here for dinner, and this place is great. They have a 4 page all vegan menu- my boyfriend got the fake "beef" and I got the ginger "chicken", both were excellent. Prices were not bad either. They also hae a all vegan buffet Saturdays at 5:30. And free wifi. A++

Pros: great food, extensive vegan options , reasonably priced

Cons: shady section of town

Loved this place for years! - Edit

I have been coming to Trang's for years, literally. They first opened on one side of town when I was a kid and my parents found the place and now, as an adult, I have enjoyed their university area location, on the other side of town, for years. I love their food. It ebbs and flows at times, but overall I have always been pleased and I always come back for more. Their menu selection is outstanding and their food is always fresh. I look forward to patronizing this restaurant for many years to come!

Pros: Great food, Great value, Friendly staff

Cons: No Cons Worth Mentioning

New owner - Edit

Trang has been sold recently. Time will tell if they will keep the menu the same. At there for their once a month vegan meetup. Some of the food at the buffet was good, some wasn't.

Pros: vegan

Cons: new owner

Hidden Vegan Gem - Edit

Visited Trang this weekend in the search for Vegan food of any kind in the Tampa/St. Pete area. Trang showed up on Happy Cow as vegetarian friendly. What an understatement! They had several menu pages of Vegan options! We started with the four-seasons rolls. The spring rolls were fantastic and the summer rolls were very good. The sauces were great too. We had several different vegan dishes, all fantastic. I had the ginger beef and then came back the next day and had the Vegan stew. Both were unbelievable. They use small amounts of imitation meats and instead highlight very fresh vegetables and homegrown herbs and spices. Everyone enjoyed their food immensely and the servers and chef were as friendly as can be. One of the best restaurant experiences we have ever had. This place needs to be highlighted as a top rate Vegan and Vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: Food, Staff

Great Variety - Edit

I absolutely love this place! The staff is very friendly and prompt. It's true the decor is, for better terms, non-existent, but that doesn't bother me. It's usually pretty quiet when we go so it's a nice place to wind-down. I have yet to have a bad experience with their food, I have ordered mostly vegan items (and a few veg) and all have been delightful. The autumn rolls are one of our favorite items, as well as the curry chik'n. My husband often has a hankering for their chik'n drummies. I felt they were a little dry, but they had enough sauce on the plate to dip, which helped. I recently had their ginger chik'n; which I would not recommend unless you like a LOT of ginger! I thought it was wonderful, but not everyone in my party liked the strong flavors. I'd give them 5 cows if I could!

Pros: excellent food, good variety

Delicious vegan food! - Edit

When I found this restaurant and its 4-6 pink pages of vegan and vegetarian food (all clearly marked as such), I was blown away. When I go I must always get the Vegan Four Seasons Platter, which consists of Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter rolls, each with their own sauce. The vegan cheesecakes and carrot cake are equally as delicious. The Vietnamese coffee can be served hot or iced with the choice of soy milk. The Vegan Triangles and Curry Soup are also great to try. Although this restaurant can be tricky to find, it is well worth the occasional U-turn. It is in a plaza with Atomic Tattoos and a Mexican shop on the north side of Fowler Ave, just east of 15th St. Enjoy!!!

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Decadent vegan desserts, Vietnamese coffee

Cons: Closed on Sundays, Serves meat also

Wonderful Restaurant - Edit

The staff is so nice and attentive. The food is delicious (you MUST try the vegan spring rolls). My sister, her friends, my friends, and I all drive 45 minutes+ to get there, because it's so good! I've never had a complaint nor does anybody else I've met. I would give it five cows if I could.

Pros: wonderful staff, great food, low key atmosphere

So many vegan choices! - Edit

First let me say I was thrilled to see more than 2 vegetarian choices on a menu in this area. I believe there were 4 pages of vegetarian fare with many of them clearly marked as vegan. The food was wonderful. Even my husband who sometimes eats meat ordered a vegan appetizer, entree, and desert and he loved them all. It was also very affordable.

Pros: vegan variety, excellent food, friendly staff

I heart Trang's - Edit

This restaurant makes Tampa the place to be! I have tryed almost everything on their extensive veg menu and haven't found anything I didn't like! As a bonus they have vegan desserts including cheese cake!
They also have a once a month vegetarian lunch buffet (with vegan options) which is worth trying.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly Staff, Great value

I love this place - Edit

After reading about this on Happy Cow I have become a loyal customer. The staff is very friendly, and they have several vegan options. My boyfriend and I go for the lunch special and I am glad to be in a place that serves food for both of us. $6.50 spring roll, soup, entree and rice.
I love the vegan carrot cake!

Pros: large menu, many vegan options, vegan dessert

Cons: never would have found w/o happy cow

yeah!!!REVIEWS!!!! - Edit

I am so glad to see so many people have been to Trang.I'm glad I got it on here.It's definitely the best vegan food around in my opinion.Ive never been served meat before, but accidents happen, and they are all so nice there that I would never hold it against them.I have never been dissapointed in anything I have had there.If you are vegan,veetarian, or just curios, you should check it out.

Pros: inexpensive, nice staff, lots of choices

YAY TRANG VIET! - Edit

Such a great place. I always went to the vegan buffet before my raw days. SUCH great food and choices. Nice people and a great atmosphere. LOOOOVE the strawberry cheesecake!

Pros: Wide vegan selection, Delicious food, Such nice people

Cons: Not completely vegan, No raw choices

Super! - Edit

I travel often for my job and one of my main offices is in the Tampa area. I just discovered this restaurant (thanks to Happy Cow) and have eaten there twice now. The veggie menu is unbelievable. I brought one home to show my husband how many options there are. First visit I had the summer rolls (which were excellent), second trip the winter rolls (very good). The staff is so friendly they kicked in a free gyoza appetizer when I told them I hadn't been there before, it was flavorful and delicious!

You have plenty of options ranging from noodle dishes, plenty of lemongrass dishes and mock meats. The veggie/vegan Chicken is delicious, recommend the ginger versions, tons of flavor. Their vegan desserts are fantastic, especially the cheesecakes. Can't wait to go back in a few months!

Pros: Delicious, Moderately priced, Tons of options

Cons: Location is a bit tricky

So delicious!!! - Edit

The food is inexpensive and soooo yummy!!!
Vegan desserts and yummy coconut drinks!
They have a vegan buffet 1st Saturday of the month, which sadly, I missed by about an hour!!!
My other regret is that they were not open Sunday...cause I would've gone back for sure!!!

Deserves its plaudits! - Edit

The restaurant lived up to its praises. The food was excellent and there were plenty of vegan choices. The veg menu was extensive and we only had trouble choosing as we wanted to try everything. The vegan desserts were also excellent. When we met up with the friends from St. Pete whom we had come to visit,they had just been there the week before and echoed our praises. A definite must when you visit Tampa.

Pros: Delicious vegan fare., Large selection., Friendly, helpful staff.

Return to Tampa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trang Viet Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3895 times since Aug 2007.