CLOSED: Tradescantia

( 1 review )

Passeig Maritim 3-4 (at 1 hour by train from Barcelona), Pineda De Mar, Spain, 08397

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu is mostly vegetarian, kosher style. Emphasis is on natural, fresh ingredients as interpreted by the four cultures of the Island of Rhodes - Turkish, Greek, Judeo Spanish, and Italian. Greek dairy and olives, savory phyllo-dough pastries, dolmades, tsatsiki, salads, pastas, desserts, and organic loose teas. Restaurant has an outdoor terrace facing the sea. English spoken. Owned and chef also teachings classes in healthful Sephardic cooking. Open for lunch and dinner, closed Tuesday. DEC 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Thing_in_the_attic

Delightful owner-run bistro on the sea-front - Edit

My girlfriend and I were in Pineda de mar for our first visit, and had been searching in vain for somewhere to eat proper fresh food with little success, so we made our way to an internet cafe and checked happycow.
The description above describes this restaurant perfectly. Although it is not a vegetarian restaurant, there is a good varied selection of meat-free meals on offer. We ate from the lunch menu, which had a great selection of 'tapas'-style bar nibbles (all veggie) and a good choice of veggie mains.
She ate a Pizza (on freshly rolled [and delicious!] dough, topped with fresh tomatoes, peppers, mozzerella, mushrooms and garlic.
I chose a spaghetti dish with tomatoes, coriander, peppers and parmaggiano.
Unfortunately, we were in a hurry and did not have a chance to try the fresh fruit salad, which looked excellent.
I am happy to recommend this lovely cafe to anyone visiting Pineda de mar.
The bill was a very reasonable 22 euros. [including soft drinks]
The staff were very friendly and courteous.

Pros: fresh food, nice staff, sea-front location

Cons: difficult to find!

Has CLOSED: Tradescantia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.