Trader Joe's - Uptown

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 505-883-3662

2200 Uptown Loop NE, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, 87110

Part of a mid-size specialty food market chain. Has vegetarian and vegan food, some organic, natural personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, and more. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm. Open daily.

First Review by Joey

Good Grocery Store - Edit

This is a pretty standard Trader Joes. Medium sized, good parking situation, nothing out of the ordinary from any other TJs. I think they have a particularly good variety of snacks, especially their nuts and dried fruits. I think their produce is hit and miss, it seems to go bad faster than from other stores and it is way overpackaged.

Pros: Fun snacks to try, Easy parking

Cons: Mediocre produce

Love it - Edit

I don't do all my shopping here, but I stop by for a couple things every now and then. I do notice every time I go all the workers are extremely nice, friendly, and helpful! I love their eggplant hummus, plain corn tortillas, gluten-free oatmeal (best price in town I believe), and raw almond butter. They also have a great selection of vegan products like lotion or shampoo for relatively cheap.

Pros: vegan friendly!, nice employees

Always Just Ok - Edit

I know I'm in the minority-but I just really do not care for TJ.

I keep trying...but it just doesn't compare to any of the other stores I normally go to.

Not all organic...spread out in a way that I don't personally care for...

I don't know it's just very plain to me...I try to like TJ...I just don't.

Pros: easy in to the store

Cons: busy, not all organic

Lovely - Edit

TJs is my and my fiancé's favourite place to shop for groceries. The prices are as they should be, the food (produce, pre-made meals, deli, snacks) are always good quality and taste great. The staff is always helpful and easy to talk to. This location can get a little congested on the weekends when everyone is shopping, so expect a somewhat crowded parking lot on Saturdays and Sundays. Their popularity is well-earned. :)

Pros: Good Products, lots of delicious vegan and vegetar, Great produce section, Good prices

Trader Joe's Rocks - Edit

I shopped at TJ's when I live in Massachusetts and was delighted when it moved to the ABQ Uptown shopping area near where I live. It has a lot of great food and I love that it's close to other places I shop. I recommend TJ's to anyone who likes to shop at a different kind of store that offers healthy foods.

Pros: Close by my home, healthy food, nice staff

Cons: don't carry some foods I buy regularly

Return to Albuquerque Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trader Joe's - Uptown closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 633 times since Jun 2010.