Trader Joe's

• Health-food-store Health Store
847-292-1108

190 N Northwest Hwy, Park Ridge, Illinois, USA, 60068

Part of a mid-size specialty food market chain. Has vegetarian and vegan food, some organic, natural personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, and more. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by mitev111

Their "Soy Cheese Alternatives" have dairy in them. WHY?! - Edit

Well I had been shopping at trader Joe's for a long time, but I finally had to pull the plug. My husband and I are super strict vegans and bought what we thought was a dairy free cheese alternative but it had milk in it? Why on earth would a soy cheese alternative have milk in it?! In addition they sneak milk and eggs into just about everything they can, it just got to the point where I found it distasteful. It's cheaper at trader Joe's but we switched to whole foods, they have sections for vegan foods so you're not constantly playing guessing games and pouring over ingredients lists having to research ingredients.

Pros: Relatively affordable

Cons: No vegan section, deceptive product packaging

Where everybody knows your name! - Edit

Our go to grocery store! Employees are always friendly, food is fresh, mostly organic and/or local. A lot of fruits and veggies and also vegan options- Tofuky, Tofu, GimmeLean, Soy cheese, Skin-less and Beef-less strips! Great wine selection! Have their own brand of 100% biodegradable never-tested-on-animals shampoo for about $3!

Return to Park Ridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trader Joe's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.