Trader Joe's

• Health-food-store Health Store
617-278-9997

1317 Beacon St, Brookline, Massachusetts, USA, 02446

Part of a mid-size specialty food market chain. Has vegetarian and vegan food, some organic, natural personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, and more. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm. Open daily.

First Review by eleysanne

Kindness Managers - Edit

I love Trader Joe's. This particular store showed incredible kindness when my elderly friend fainted in the checkout line. Thank you!

Pros: Had everything I needed.

Cons: Tight parking in back.

still my favorite grocery store - Edit

Like any other Trader Joe's location, but it's closest to my house, so I shop here most often. They have great specialty items and it's cheaper than the Shaws and Stop & Shop that are close by. This location also has a beer/wine section.

Lots of options for veg*ns. Some of my favorites:

* hummus (try the Edamame hummus, if you haven't yet!)
* middle eastern foods in the fresh shelves (tabouleh, stuffed grape leaves, etc)
* vegetarian burritos, frozen
* vegetable gyoza dumplings, frozen
* trail mixes
* Larabars

Also good deals on frozen organic vegetables and fruits (smoothies, anyone?!?). Organic bananas are 29 cents a piece, cheapest, healthy snack around :)

Unfortunately, the fresh vegetables are sometimes a hit or miss... sometimes I have to supplement at Shaws.

Best time to shop here: on weekdays 8:30am - 10am
Worst time to shop here: on weekdays 5pm-7pm, Sat and Sun afternoons... it gets crazy busy during those times!

Pros: reasonable organic produce, veg*n frozen convenience foods, friendly staff

Cons: sometimes the fresh produce looks iffy, crowded after work

Return to Brookline Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trader Joe's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.