Trader Joe's

• Health-food-store Health Store
    ( 1 review )
410-573-0505

160 F Jennifer Rd, Annapolis, Maryland, USA, 21401

Part of a mid-size specialty food market chain. Has vegetarian and vegan food, some organic, natural personal hygiene products, household cleaners, vitamins, pet food, and more. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm. Open daily.

1 Review

First Review by lcvegan

One of the best grocery stores ever. - Edit

I just love this grocery store. I can get nearly everything I need here. I know this is a one-stop shopping trip for many. TJ's has SO much!

The selection of fresh fruit and vegetables is really awesome. We eat raw vegan for at least half of the day, and this place is a smoothie maker or juicer's dream! Their organic selection is really great too.

I love that they have a selection of vegan and gluten-free oatmeals and cereals.

Their frozen fruit and vegetable selection is terrific too (many available in organic as well). TJ's now carries Acai! We've been adding that to our smoothies regularly now.

I love that I can go there and know that the fresh corn is non-GMO.

Their brand is so great (apple sauce, gluten free baking mixes, tofu, coffee, vegan creamer).

If you are ever unimpressed with the quality of any items, which has happened to me maybe twice in all of five years, they immediately refund your money. No questions asked. They are HAPPY to help and want you to be happy with your purchases. No receipt necessary.

There are other vegan "junk" foods that you can buy here too, such as vegan ice cream (coconut milk), mock Fritos, and unsalted tortilla/corn chips. Other healthier vegan chip options include Just Beets and Nacho Kale Chips. So good.

There's a large variety of sweetened and unsweetened almond, soy and coconut milks. TJ's does not carry a dairy yogurt alternative at the moment. They did carry coconut yogurt at one point but it was super sour. I haven't heard any word as to whether they plan to try that again. They do have alternative cheeses. I'm unsure about the ingredients but I've seen a small selection when I pass by that area.

There's a great selection of vegan and low-sodium canned goods (diced and no salt added tomatoes, organic black beans), rice, and brown rice based pastas. I love when the ingredient list is super small and you recognize every word.

There's a stuffed animal goat hiding in the store for children to find. He moves around every day. For finding the goat, your child can get a lollipop at customer service desk.

Have I mentioned that some of the nicest and kind-hearted people ever work here? We just love the people here. It's always a fun experience talking with a TJ crew member we've gotten to know or someone new. It's a joyful experience all around.

And they are happy to help you to your car!

You won't regret giving this place a try if you haven't already! :-)

Pros: Inexpensive for a natural/organic grocery store, A lot of fresh veggies and fruits to choose from, Super nice people work there

Cons: Slightly smaller selection compared to Whole Foods

Return to Annapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trader Joe's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.