Toucan Cafe

Contact 01643706101

3, The Parade, Minehead, Minehead, England, TA245NL

Vegetarian cafe that's part of the health food store. Offers lunch food, snacks, and changing specials; organic and fair trade coffee and tea; cakes, fruit smoothies and fresh squeezed juices. Open Mon-Sat 8:30am-5:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by jooles

they made our day perfect - Edit

Wir haben uns einfach wohl gefühlt und auch unsere Hunde waren willkommen. Gemütliche Einrichtung und viele Räume zur Auswahl, wir wussten garnicht, wo wir uns hinsetzen sollten, so nett überall!!! Und das Essen war superlecker und VEGAN! Bedienung supernett und hilfsbereit.

Pros: nette Bedienung, gemütliche Atmosphäre, Hunde will

Hearty sweet and savory treats - Edit

We had a sweet potato and bean pie with salad (plus a selection of vegan condiments) and the portions were really good and worth the £7.50 each. We felt very satisfied after (even my boyfriend was full and he never is!). The cafe has a nice atmosphere...characterful and cosy. And the staff were really friendly. Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: At least 3 vegan main options, Vegan cake selection, Lovely atmosphere

Minehead is on the vegan map! - Edit

40 years ago when my folx used to bring us to Minehead whilst visiting Grandma and Grandad the only food we were interested in was fish and chips. Now a little wiser and a lot older I brought my Dad and his sister to Toucan to see what it offers vegans. My Dad isn't veggie but he knows a good meal when he has one and his veggie Homity pie was a great success. My partner and I put the staff through the awkward squad test and asked what was vegan, as well as nightshade and sugar free and still available 10 mins before the kitchen was due to close (beware earlier winter closing!). We had the soup, a serious portion with similar sized chunky bread and bean burgers with side salad. Washed down with a Roibois tea, a choc banana shake and finishing with an almond and apricot sugar free cake. All were great. The burger was moist, the Mayo tasty, the salad fresh and with dressing but not too much, the shake sweet and rich but not sickly, the cake was splendid. Dad reckoned the almond cake he had was the most almondy almond cake he's ever tasted! I assumed that was a good thing! The bill for four meals and drinks was about £40 and we were very happy with that. The staff were helpful, and polite, the cafe is bright and colourful with a nice old school veggie cafe feel. There were lots of vegan options that had sold out but hey we were kind of late!
The cafe is up stairs so wheel chair users might have to miss out on this great little place.
The cafe sits above a health food shop which looked well stocked .
Minehead is certainly on the Vegan
Updated from previous review on Wednesday February 03, 2016

Pros: Lots of vegan options., Good. Tasty food, Friendly staff and nice place

Cons: Not all vegan, Stairs to get to cafe, Only one sugar free cake!

Pleasant, feel good, healthy and affordable. - Edit

First impressions...

Nice interior. Colourful and feel good. Multiple rooms to choose from.

Friendly, smiley and chatty staff.

Good selection of vegan food.

Affordable basic but tasty food. I had sweet potato and ginger soup with was lovely and served with very nice bread and vegan spread. My girlfriend had spinach pie with a side salad which she also liked.

Left very happy to have found a pleasant vege/vegan café so close to Exmoor.

Pros: Friendly staff, Affordable, Tasty food

Great place and great food. - Edit

We drove for over an hour to eat at the Toucan Cafe as we were on holiday near Burnham on Sea and it was well worth the drive. The cafe has a relaxed atmosphere, is light and airy and most importantly for us let us bring in our two dogs. The lay out of the cafe is interesting and art work on the walls (to buy if you like) adds to the bright atmosphere. The food was sooo good, I had a crumble (mushroom and leak) and it was full of flavour. The salads that came with the meal were very tasty and had a good variety of foods. The menu has enough to please anyone. We also took out a couple of salads for out tea later back at the cottage which were very reasonably priced. All in all we had lovely meals in a very nice atmosphere and served by friendly polite staff.

Pros: Dogs allowed, excellent food, lovely staff

Return to Minehead Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Toucan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.