CLOSED: Toscana Grill

Contact 703-465-2100

2300 Clarendon Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, USA, 22201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Change of management and menu in 2011. Vegan chicken, vegetables, and portobello are offered as add-ons to pasta. Reported no longer offering any vegan dessert or raw food. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Lacto, American, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Pancakes

Never again - Edit

I went to this restaurant with a large group, and 4 people in our party didn't get their meal for an HOUR after the rest of us started eating. there were others in the restaurant that had received their dish AND bill before our party was served. Then when we complained, they practically blamed us for the delay. the food was underwhelming to say the least...for some people, their dishes hardly had any seasoning at all. they were completely out of vegan cheese (which was a major draw for us coming there in the first place). i had a faux chicken dish, and it was clearly made with GMO soy, which i'm allergic to, so my stomach was not agreeing with me all night. needless to say, I won't be back!

Unreliable - Edit

I've eaten at Toscana Grill about five times thus far and every time it has taken an undue amount of effort to ensure that they're actually giving me the vegan versions of what I ordered as vegan, especially with the vegan soy cheese. Expect to send at least one thing back to the kichen when you eat there. There's obviously some sort of miscommunication going on between the wait staff and the kitchen. Honestly they've gotten better since they opened (the first week was a TOTAL disaster), but I can't think of another restaurant that I would characterize as being distinctively unreliable.

After all the hassle and you get what you ordered, the food is decent, but pricey. If they changed their menu to all vegan I would consider going there for lunch regularly as it's close to my work, but as it is, I don't have enough time to eat there when I know I will always have to send things back to the kitchen.

Pros: Food is ok

Cons: Have to check everything they serve, A bit pricey

Really Bad - Edit

First, the help is rude and ignorant. Second the food is just okay and not really that good. Third we were served real meat instead of faux meat and when we pointed that out to our waiter, he argued with us that it was indeed fake meat and refused to replace the dishes. Unreal. The truth is that you really have no way of knowing what you get here and they don't seem to care at all whether you get real or fake meat or about catering to vegetarian customers. Not recommended at all..

Cons: food, service , vegetarian options

All vegan menu in April! - Edit

We ate at Toscana Grill and enjoyed the all vegan menu (every Sunday in April thanks to COK). Our server was excellent. We shared pasta e fagioli soup (because it was freezing today), Caesar salad with Gardein strips (lightly grilled), and Gardein Chick'n Marsala. The soup, highly recommended, was perfectly spiced; Caesar salad dressing was creamy and garlicky, and the Chick'n Marsala was good but only if you like Marsala (think chicken-fried steak smothered in Marsala with mashed potatoes). Disregard "mushed" potatoes; it's a typo on the menu. Many vegan options from which to choose, including 6 pizzas, some with Daiya cheese. "Beef" dishes are made with Match Meats. Vegan kids menu too. Amazing selection of mouth-watering desserts from Vegan Treats (in PA), all large-portioned and decadent. If you're not up for dinner, go to Toscana Grill for dessert and a beverage. It will be well worth it! If you haven't been to Toscana Grill within the last 6 months, I recommend that you go back and try the new veg. menu. See entire vegan menu on website. http://www.toscanagrill.com (click on Page 5).

Very tasty organic vegan options - Edit

I have been here twice. The first time I went, I had the veg-chick'n marsala. My friend had the VegVeal Parmigiana. Both were very tasty, and the veggies that came with them were excellent. The second time I went, I went for their brunch. I had the organic french toast with a side of tofu scramble. There aren't many restaurants I've been to where I find their scramble to be excellent, but this was one of them.

The more people that come, the more they will move to a vegan/vegetarian menu.
They are "testing the waters" right now, so the more support they get the better.

Pros: Organic, Large vegan menu, Easy to get to

Cons: Not all vegetarian, Still seems relatively unknown

Return to Arlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Toscana Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1757 times since Nov 2009.