First Review by tablemoonspoons

its ok... - Edit

If I get the buffalo tofu wrap, I'm not disappointed, but when I get anything else, I usually am. The last 2 times I went there my loaded nachos with grilled veggies had boiled veggies out of a bag on them, and the last time i got green chile they didn't even heat it up. This place is either hit or miss!

Pros: open late, buffalo tofu wrap is great, creative menue

Cons: sometimes rude, food is mediocre

good for vegans. - Edit

good for veggies and non. not the most imaginative menu, its just grilled up ground tofu as a meat replacement, its just great and cool to be able to order all kinds of mexican dishes. the taco salad is really good, and the tofu buffalo wings are great (but just good fried tofu sticks with awesome sauce). nice atmosphere, good prices (7-9$ for most meals), BIG portions for the price, byob. free chips and salsa and very hot sauce (napalm something).
its the only mexican restaurant around with so many vegan variations as far as i know, defiantly more than just a burrito. go go go!

One of my favorites! - Edit

Tortilla Sam's is one my favorite places to eat. Both my boyfriend and I are vegetarian, so we don't have too many options in the area. The food is always great. They have a wide variety on the menu for vegans to meat eaters. My favorite is the veggie & bean burrito plate. Substitute french fries for beans and rice...they are the best fries in the world! Service is generally very good. We've been there a million times and only once they messed up by putting chicken in our cheese quesadilla. They quickly fixed it! They have a variety hot sauces ranging from mild to unbearably spicey. On the appetizer menu tofu wings and homemade jalapeno poppers are our favorites. The desserts are great too. The apple burro with ice cream is a must...it's an burrito stuffed with apples & cinnamon, then fried and msithered with ice cream and strawberry sauce. SO DELICIOUS! Only difficult is parking is tight in the area, we usually find a place on the street behind the Sole Proprietor Restaurant.

Pros: many many options, everyone can enjoy it, inexpensive

Cons: parking

Return to Worcester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Tortilla Sam's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 179 times since Aug 2007.