Torchy's Tacos

254-732-1445

801 S 5th St, Waco, Texas, USA, 76706

Serves meat, vegan options available. Texas chain of fast-casual Mexican restaurants. Has several vegetarian tacos and appetizers, marked on the menu - ask to omit cheese and cream. Rice and beans are vegan. Soda fountain serves fair-trade certified drinks.

Categories: Lacto, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by elfmaiden713

Awesome service - Edit

Being a vegan is so much easier than I originally thought! There are vegan options at most restaurants!

At Torchy's online, I ordered the Independent and Fried Avocado tacos. I was a little confused whether the fried veggies were Vegan. So when I got to the counter, I asked the cashier. She told me that they were not vegan options but that she would take it back to the kitchen and have them made Vegan. Love her!

I was so happy! The tacos themselves were absolutely delicious. I couldn't have been happier with my lunch!

Pros: Delicious, Vegan options, Great service

Cons: Not enough information about ingredients., Not an option online for adding notes

Loved it! - Edit

My boyfriend and I ordered online. When we got there, the cashier read us our order and asked if mine were meant to be vegan. I said yes, and she explained that even though I took out cheese and certain sauces, they still weren't vegan. She went back in the kitchen and made me brand new ones, specifically vegan. I should've specified in the notes but she was great. I got the fried avocado taco and the independent taco which has mushrooms on it.

Pros: knowledgeable staff, vegan options, yummy tacos

Fun and Zesty - Edit

With so many great Mexican food options in Texas I usually try to avoid chains, but it's nice to be able to go somewhere where I can be sure the beans aren't fried in animal fat or bacon. Their mushroom taco is my favorite thing to order because it's full of crunchy vegetables and is served with a wonderfully smoky salsa. I especially like their cheesy, peppery street corn (esquites) as a side.

Pros: Inexpensive, Fast, All animal products clearly labeled

Return to Waco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Torchy's Tacos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.