Toque de Canela

• Bakery Bakery

C/ San Vicente de Paul 7 duplicado bajo, Zaragoza, Spain, 50001

This bakery reported offering some products for vegans as well lactose and gluten intolerant. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-2:00pm, 5:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-2:00pm.

First Review by Aroleia

delicioso! - Edit

Pasteleria con, al menos, siete opciones veganas para elegir entre bizcochos, croissants, cupcakes, cookies y tartas. Todo lo que probamos estaba delicioso!

Pros: muy buena atencion, buen precio

Cute as Candy - Edit

The decor in this place is super cute! I think I even spotted a unicorn poster in the back kitchen area. I wish I could've stayed and enjoyed the ambience longer, but they were closing when I arrived so I had to order and run. I'm hoping it was the we're-about-to-close-for-the-afternoon panic that caused the staff's rudeness, so that nobody else has to experience being treated like a child when they go there. But I didn't let it get me down, because VEGAN DESSERTS!

There was a good variety of vegan things: 1-2 cookies, a cake, and a cupcake. I of course ordered one of each because I'm kind of (okay fine, completely and totally) a sweets addict.

The cookie was chocolate with chocolate chips, and sadly it tasted a bit too healthy for my taste. I'm not into places that offer a vegan option that's always void of salt or sugar or anything delicious because they think vegans just eat celery. The cookie was too hard, dry, and not sweet enough.

The cupcake was a carrot cupcake, which is one of my favorite flavors! Sadly, it tasted hard and dry. It tasted the way my cupcakes taste after 3 days of sitting out. When I go to a grocery store, I expect to maybe not get the freshest baked goods, but this was a bakery! They specialize in baked goods! Why would they sell us something that was 3 days old without a warning? And not only that, but they tried to upsell us a second one! We ordered only one, because we were already ordering numerous other things, and the guy told us that he had another one if we wanted it. He was trying to get us to buy not one, but 2 of his 3-day old cupcakes at full-price! WTF!

I haven't tried the third item yet which is an apple tart, but honestly, I don't really have high hopes. If you're looking for a dry stale baked good that you can dip in coffee or tea, then this place is for you. If you're looking for quality vegan baked goods, keep looking.

Pros: cute interior

Cons: unfriendly staff, stale, dry vegan baked goods

Con un poco de azúcar, la vida se vive mejor - Edit

Si eres vegano y te mueres por comer algún dulce, éste es tu sitio. Es tremendamente díficil dar con una pastelería en Zaragoza que te ofrezca algo libre de leche, mantequilla o huevo, y gracias a "Happy Cow" dí con "Un toque de canela" donde tuve la oportunidad de probar: cookies, croissants de hojaldre rellenos de chocolate y bizcocho de pera y canela.
Preparan tartas para hasta 10 personas por 25€ (por encargo) y planean hacer roscones para que podamos disfrutar de un día de Reyes como los demás, así que ya sabéis, ¡a encargarlos antes de que se acaben! Yo tengo claro que compraré uno.

Return to Zaragoza Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Toque de Canela closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.