Toos en Roos

0203303226

Herengracht 309, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1016 AV

Serves meat, vegan options available. Breakfast and lunch place by the Gracht where you can dine with a view. Usually 3 soups are vegan suitable. Casual and bright space. Also an outlet at Berenstraat 28. Open Mon-Sat 9:00am-5:30pm, Sun 10:00am-5:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, European, Dutch, Non-veg

First Review by Wilmsie

Vegan soup - Edit

Went here last sunday with some friends for lunch. We were in the center and checked happycow to find a place to have a vegan lunch. The staff was really friendly even though the place was packed and they were busy. The first thing you see when you get the menu is a "veggie approved" stamp. So I was a bit disappointed that they hardly had any vegan options, just vegetarian. The soups seemed to be the only vegan options so I chose one of those. Since they didn't mark the ingredients on the menu I made sure to double check if the soup was indeed vegan. The guy said it was so I ordered it. When I got it, it was topped with sour cream (not the vegan kind)!! Luckily my friend that ordered a different soup got hers without a dairy topping and offered to switch.
The food was delicious but be careful to make absolutely sure that they understand that you want your meal vegan!!

Pros: fresh juices, nice portion size, friendly staff

Cons: hardly any vegan options, no knowledge on veganism

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Toos en Roos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.