Ton-Phon - The Phyll

Contact 0851526987

10260, 2/3 Soi Sukhumvit 54, Bang Chak, Phra Khanong (at Onnuch Farm Complex/The Phyll), Bangkok, Thailand,

Veggie restaurant previously at Sukhumvit 50 and moved into the lower foodcourt of The Phyll mall in 2015. Serves Thai dishes and sells packaged, ready-to eat food. Mon-Sun 8:30am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan, Thai, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by BramDeSaedeleer

I am coming here for the first time this evening. - Edit

The menu is simple, but broad enough. The service is quick, the food is fresh and tasty. The prices are very reasonable. This is near our home so I'll be coming again.

Pros: Good healthy food, Great value, Fast service

Nice Place for Lunch! - Edit

I've been here a few times for lunch as I've been studying nearby, and am very happy that I found it. It's in the food court in the basement level of The Phyll. I had a very tasty stir fried tofu skin with aubergine dish on each occasion, and I also tried the deep fried battered mushrooms with a sweet n sour style dressing, deep fried tofu with sweet sauce, and a soup. All really delicious and cooked to order. I'm not in the area very often, but I'll be back again when I get chance.

Pros: Inexpensive prices, Decent selection of dishes, Tasty, cooked to order food

Ton-Phon is a hidden treasure pure 100% vegetarian and new location in the beautiful waterfall complex right behind Tesco Lotus, next to TOM TOM coffee. The complex is called called Onnuch Farm, BTS ONUT 3 minutes walk. Only locals seem know about it. His cooking has appeared in Thai newspapers. 250 Baht for 3 dishes including 2 jasmine rice. I love the Thai curry, Papaya salad,mushroom dishes and stir fry with fruits- -all busting with flavour and healthy ingredients. We order 3 pr 4 dishes at time. He moved from his old location Sukhumvit 50 and online it appears closed, because no one can find him. We had to do some detective work to find his new location and want to share it with you. Easy to find.
As far as I know it is open FROM 7AM till 8pm 7 days a week.

Great value, great flavor - Edit

Ton-Phon offers a good selection of tasty food at low prices.

An important tip for ordering: for non-Thai speakers, the menu is a collection of pictures on the wall, and the pictures have little to do with what you will receive. Apparently they used stock photos rather than pix of their own dishes, so the photos don't accurately reflect the portions, ingredients, or presentation, but they will give you a general idea.

The items I tried on my visits:

The curry fried mushrooms had great flavor and texture.

The "pork" satay was very good (though be aware that the portion served is half the size of the picture on the wall).

The pad seeiew is good, but it was made with vermicelli instead of the customary wide rice noodles pictured (which I would have preferred).

The green curry is pictured with tofu but was served with taro root, but it was good nonetheless.

The restaurant is immediately south of an overpass/flyover. It is semi-indoor and not air conditioned but there are plenty of fans.

Pros: great flavor, great value

well worth the walk - Edit

venue is approx 10 minute walk from on nut station, just after the bridge - you should see the big yellow flag with red letters
very little english spoken but now pics on the wall with thai and english names, and they understood us pretty clearly.
food was very good, if a little dominated by fake meats (much prefer veggies any day) and reasonable too - lunch for 2 was 280 baht

Cosy little restaurant - Edit

This cosy little restaurant is located deep in the soi far away from the noises of downtown Bangkok. Menu is only in Thai and there are no pictures on it. Staff speaks no English. Prices are very cheap. And the food, well the food is delicious, really tasty. The cook knows how to use the ingredients to the max. I will certainly be back.

Pros: Very delicious, Friendly staff, Cheap

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ton-Phon - The Phyll closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2481 times since Jul 2012.